Monday, November 13, 2017

Home in the roses

Dear diary:

I have lost track of time and space.  So much has happened since the day we said goodbye to our dear little white cottage in the woods… how long has it been? … a day, a year a century ago?  That’s what it seems to be when your routine is altered, and you move to another town, another house another state and you work and work and work so much, that even your eyelashes hurt when you go to sleep.  But we’re home.  Finally.

Wed., November 8, 2017

Early the following day after I arrived, I immediately went to the house in the roses.  I was so excited, so eager to see what it had transpired there while in my absence… what wonderful, amazing feelings my little heart kept inside… anticipation, and feelings of surprise and of being lost and wonderfully found, and feelings of having unearthed that precious jewel of your heart, once loved and lost, and now finding it again, to care for it and love it again and learn to appreciate it again…  

Our painters, Gary and Shorty welcomed me home with the biggest of smiles.  I was expecting to find everything done, walls wonderfully painted and a radiantly clean new old house.  But I was bound for a great disappointment.  Nothing was finished, nothing fully done.  Cans of paints where found everywhere, chandeliers and light fixtures were all covered up in painter’s tape, paint rollers, buckets, caulking guns, sprayers and parts, and what a total mess I found… the kitchen cabinets hadn’t even been painted yet, and not one accent wall alone was done.  Two more days, and the gigantic red truck carrying all of our belongings was to arrive.  

Disappointment is not an easy thing to face and it is hard for our brains to readjust to reality after discovering things are not the way we thought they were… but, good or bad, I am a trusting soul, and when Gary promised me that he would have everything ready for me before the movers arrived, I believed him.  My heart was already aglow with the possibilities I was already seeing… all that precious whiteness, and light and cleanliness of white walls mesmerized me.     









Oh dear diary, I have fallen in love with our home once again! I can hardly wait to start working on the things I want to see done, decorate, style, the smells I want to smell, the feelings I want to feel.  So much to do!  So much to dream and worry about during these few days and be happy about!  For now, I’ll wait until our movers arrive, and see what I can do in the meantime to start life here… again, in this new-old house in the roses.    




6 comments:

  1. So happy you are happy once again! Let the moving begin! Love the new old house(-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have not even read the post yet....

    But what a different look! On your new blog. Interesting...

    I don't think of "you", with a deep gray background. But that doesn't matter. Our blogs reflect us, at this particular moment. And that is exactly how it should be.

    So happy this blog is here.

    Now... To read it!!!!

    Best of everything, in your new/old home!

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more point... Thank you, for not making your new blog, as wide as your other blogs have been. It fits on my screen, without any moving it, back and forth. And I have a very large computer screen.

    I do blogging on this very large computer screen.. Never on those little tablet screens or teeny, tiny phones. Eeeeek! No!

    So, thank you again, for having a width, which easily fits, so I can see it all.

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pure white slate, on which to draw, your new life....

    These "in transition" photos are wonderful! Soon, you will be able to take pics of these same areas again, and they will be painted, as you want them to be. As a beginning "back-drop" that is. All painted and ready.

    And then, the third set of pictures. When you have everything placed, as it pleases your heart, now.

    What a wonderful set of pictures! To document this time, in your life. And in the life of the your original House in the Roses.

    Can't wait!!!!

    Gentle hugs,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to see that you are going to be home again. Love the new blog and looking forward to your posts. I don't see where we can join or get it by email.

    ReplyDelete