Thursday, November 16, 2017

Moving day

Friday, November 10, 2017 -  moving day

By 5:30am on that Friday, we were already on our way home to the house in the roses.  A long, busy day was ahead of us, but I was so excited, and eager to start this new adventure, and I wanted to start it right, with a little bit of romance and allure in the wee hours of morning.  So instead of going directly to the house in the roses, we drove to the nearest Starbucks under the orange horizon of the new day.  There, we had breakfast and each of us got our Cinnamon Dulce latte that we so love...  


When we were done, and on the road again in route to the house in the roses, the sky had already shifted, daylight was peeking through caerulean clouds, until the sky opened up to colors, giving the sensation of a magical, incandescent world. 


The gigantic red truck that had left the little white cottage a week before with all of our belongings arrived by 7:30am., and from that moment on, life at the house in the roses became a chaos...  Boxes upon boxes jammed every corner and space of the house, things were tucked and placed everywhere... 








...and we work and work without ceasing, until the sun came down and night flowed out of her secret places and filled the world with darkness, and shadows.  By that time, our bedroom was all done, everything in its proper place and even the bed was made up. 


We decided that night, thought, to sleep at our daughters for another night or so, until things started taking place and all boxes were emptied out and moved away.

I have always been able to more or less normalized our home on each previous move we’ve had through the journey of our lives, but this time it took more, more of me, more strength, more energy, more deciding on things, what to do, where to place things and furniture, what to do with so much… to the point that we started stacking things up in one of the upstairs room, until we could decide what to do.  I knew I needed to work on that room immediately.  It was an urgency within my soul, but for that night, we had accomplished enough, and we went to rest thankful for life and every blessing bestowed upon our humble mortal souls; material, as well as spiritual.




11 comments:

  1. -smile- I know it's not nice to hear but.... -smile- You have to remember that those other moves, were made, when you were younger, my Dear. Please take that into consideration. And pace yourself a bit more.

    Everything will get done. It will. It will. And you will enjoy the results more, if you do not exhaust yourself, in the process.

    Many, many gentle hugs,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I know... ;)) I just get so 'desperate' to see everything in order and into place. It's just a brain-thing. Not fun having to carry these old bones around either... ;))

      Cielo

      Delete
  2. Are you still talking to me, after that previous comment????????

    -smile-

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Luna. Age does come into consideration when moving.(-: It is best to pace yourself so you do not hurt yourself in the process. I also understand the thinking of where to put things. I also do that. Have fun and enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindee! It's been quite the process, I tell ya! ;) Not fun getting old, I know! ;):)

      Cielo

      Delete
  4. I'm so OCD that I have a "map" of each room and how it will be laid out BEFORE I start moving things in. In this place, I took measurements, and built a floor plan, with all the furniture to scale, and moved it around until I got the placement I wanted. THEN, I moved things in. I know--I'm weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fun to see the transformation of your new house. It is really a new house, I don't think you ever expected to be living here again. Since you moved, your decorating style and tastes have changed so I cant wait to see how you will transform everything. I totally can relate to you wanting to have everything put away and in its place. I am exactly the same way and couldn't rest until everything was put away. But that was when I was young or at least younger so if I had to move now I'd be in for a whole lot if frustration I think. Thanks for sharing this journey with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nov. 17, 2017

    Enjoy your "snow bird flight."

    Travel safely...

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed reading all about your move. The floors and paint colors are lovely. I know you are happy to be home.

    ReplyDelete