Saturday, March 24, 2018

Cane-back chairs...

03-19-18

We’re painting the exterior of our house soon, and Gary, the guy who worked on our interior painting of the house this past fall is doing the job again.  Perhaps, I should had chosen someone else this time, but Gary gave me a 13% preferred customer discount, which means over $500 cutback in price.   He’s a complicated type of a guy indeed, but he did a good job—a very hard job done well, it definitely deserves a second chance, and thus I’m choosing him again. 


Deciding on the colors is the real difficult part here.  I know I want gray with super white trims and white columns, but choosing the right gray isn’t easy.  So many shades of gray to choose from!  And this time, there’s no ‘returning’ possible here!  So, I better make the right decision the first time! 



03-22-18 

It’s been raining on and off for the last three days this weeks.  A good downpour of life-giving, precious rain favored us today… rain that has softened and nourished the garden with new growth and new life.  And all those roses I just fertilized last week and supplied them with a high-quality compost-soil are loving it so much!  I can already see new shoots sprouting from scrawny branches, and the ground looks healthy and shiny, and thus, the garden is about to be waken real soon!     

Today, I finally bought the paint I needed to redo my $1.00 French cane-back chair.  


The options were endless.  There are so many possibilities when redoing chairs… colors, fabrics, materials!  However, the minute I saw this chair I knew exactly how I wanted her to look!  


With the help of some gold spray paint and some Pinterest inspiration, it looks like this now.  


For the sit, I used some upholstery fabric I already had. This thick, black fabric brings so many memories to mind.  Of the south, and of our life there.  I can still see in my mind that quaint little fabric store where I bought it from, the southern belle owner with all her fine jewelry and dark hair, and the black and white accent pillows I bought along with it that day.  This fabric was originally meant for our dining room chairs, but then I changed my mind and decided to go for something else, and thus, I never got to use it… until now.


Trying out different pillows!



I think I like this stripe one better!


I love the style of cane-back chairs. Open a copy of Country French magazine and you will most certainly find a dining set with this kind of chairs.  I only wish I should had gotten some more chairs.  There were all 6 of them all in perfect condition and each for only $1.00.  But I didn’t have a place to put them! So I didn't.

The mourning doves are surfing the air above the garden all day long.  A fluffy, extra white couple of them have moved in and soon will be making their nests on climbing roses.  I love to hear them cooing all day long. 



 I hope you are well, and ready for spring!

Love!


  



5 comments:

  1. Your house, in grey and white, is going to look wonderful!!!!! I love, love, love grey. With white, of course.

    Can't wait to see it.

    "The first day of spring is one thing,
    and the first spring day is another.
    The difference between them
    is sometimes as great as a month."

    ~Henry Van Dyke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love gray. I'm using two tone grays, white trims and columns, the garage door will be shiny black, and the front door sunny yellow! Can't wait to see it all done!

      Cielo

      Delete
  2. Everything sounds and looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete