Saturday, May 12, 2018

Eve in her garden...

Hostas are opening to their full dark green beauty... 




And the ones growing in pots are gracing paths and trails beautifully... 



The peony bushes are heavy with blossoms ready to amaze the soul of the gardener.  They can be seen everywhere around the garden, and I was surprised, upon discovering them earlier this spring, by how many of them are coming back—all healthy and full as they can be.  These are all the peony plants I planted everywhere around the garden from that original single bush.  And then left.  The ones I pulled out earlier this winter and relocated to some better places, are also doing splendidly.  All from that same cutting, and all in that same marvelous pink.  



The two grapevines I let be are not disappointing me either.  They are growing stronger each day, and I’m making sure only a few shoots remain; pruning the bottom parts of the healthy trunk almost daily, to maintain neatness and a more abundant crop of grapes this autumn.


Long ago, I planted a small cutting of some type of a fern I got from a friend’s garden; feeble enough to had me believe back then it would never make it.  But then I left, and didn’t get to see what had transpired out of it.  And what a pleasant surprise this was—to find these fleecy beauties growing strong and beautiful everywhere. Another proof that nothing is really dead; at least not forever anyway.


Sprinklers!  How I adore watching the sprinklers go off every morning.  The garden loves it too, and grasses are super green and lush.  Another blessing, compared to all the watering shores and toils I was faced with in my gardens at the little white cottage.




 Cares melt away when I kneel in my garden...

It is hard work, no doubt, but oh all so worth it!



"The one small garden of a free gardener was all his need and due, not a garden swollen to a realm; his own hands to use, not the hands of others to command." -   J.R.R. Tolkien,  The Lord of the Rings.  



2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, for noticing my Magical Spring Header artwork!!! I do love it so, myself. But my Headers are rarely commented upon. Thank you. :-)

    Yours is lovely, of course. Dried rose petals, on an old book. What could be more calm and peaceful....

    Gardening in pots. It's what we do, on back patio. I love it, although they do need daily watering, to flourish.

    Problem here, is bunnies!!!! They come right up, nibble on the flowers, eat the green and leave the blossoms on the patio!!!!!! -sigh- I wonder if there are any flowers, which bunnies don't like????? Have to Search.

    Your gardens are always so lovely. You are still young enough, to be able to care for them properly. We are not. :-) But he is going to sew wild flower seed, down by the back fence, and see if they can fight their way, even though binder vine still lives there. :-)

    Binder vine and bunnies! Not a happy combination. But if things were too easy, that wouldn't be any fun either, would they? :-)

    Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea that flowers you planted before you moved (like the fern and all the peonies) grown and now you are back and you harvest the fruits of your work! You gave such a lot of love to that garden and now you are back and the garden has that beautiful gifts for you....

    ReplyDelete