Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Back home!

The world, in these northern parts where I live, has turned green, and exuberant.  If you let your eyes repose above the canopies of trees all the way to where the mountains arise to the heavens below white, fluffy clouds, you’ll understand. That’s the view I am seeing right now from my window on the second floor.  Every color of green and yellow-green covers roofs and tall houses; letting only the peaks of mountains in the distance visible, in their dark-blue tones... like some sleepy mythological gods whose heads are bended down, looking into our homes and into our lives… and it is good to be back home after a few days of intense living in Rome; good to feel the familiar, smell the familiar, sleep where you have always sleep, and eat what you want to eat.  It is good.  All is good. 


Yesterday, I worked all day long in the garden.  A full-time job mowing the lawn and pruning and pulling out weeds.  I also fertilized and sprayed every rose bush with Neem Oil.  The house and gardens are looking wonderful under any and every light… from afar and from a close distance, everything is looking awesome, and the garden is back to glory days. Some of the old roses are still not performing as they should, or as I expect them to, but either way they are roses, and I’m still loving them and are bringing them into the house by the dozens, to embellish vases and urns, and jugs and bottles and any container that fancies my imagination.








  
On one of those claustrophobic days when the painters were here and I was trapped inside a taped down house, I decided to turned one of our guest rooms on the upstairs into a shabby chic retreat.  With all the number of roses the summer garden is bestowing these days, it was almost a sin not to change things around the house... because, well, nothing could be more appropriate, or perfect when you have a garden bursting with roses than to have a Shabby Chic room!  Right?  Somehow, roses and the Shabby Chic style goes hand in hand, don't you think so?

So, I put away some things and brought out some more and then, made myself a little Shabby Chic, girly space!






I’ll show you more later, and maybe I’ll also share with you a little about Italy and what we did when we were there and places we visited. I’m still dreaming with a quaint little ancient village in southern Tuscany, called Pienza on the top of rolling hills, and in the middle of green grassy plains.  It is a small picturesque town with beautiful doors and windows with flowerpots at every turn! For now, I hope you are all doing well.  I hope you missed me, and still remember me!


PS: I put a little music on my blog for you to enjoy (for now), but is it too much?  Does the background music makes it difficult to read?  I know that something like that bothers me sometimes when I'm reading... so let me know and I will stop it!  ;)

   

11 comments:

  1. I still miss your "Old" House In The Roses, with its shabby chic look. :-)

    Been traveling in Italy with you, via IG. I'm sure you were there, just in time to avoid the very, very hot time. Summer in the Mediterranean, is quite hot. One of my blogging friends, lives on a Greek Isle, and her uncomfortable time has begun. :-)

    Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was actually terribly hot and overcrowded, I don’t remember Rome being this jam-packed with people when we visited a few years ago. We couldn’t even enter the Coliseum because of the long line under scorching sun. It was disappointing hot and way too congested for my taste, but we loved Tuscany!

      It's so good to be back! Home is where your heart is!

      cielo

      Delete
  2. Everything looks so lovely. She have done a great job getting the garden back to being what is was. Can you tell me where you got the heart wind chine? I love and collect wind chines. It is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed... she has worked very hard for months... sometimes, even I can't recognize her, she works beyond her strength lol... I got that windchine at Ross....

    Thank you Betty!

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
  4. June 21, 2018

    Happy Midsummer’s Eve...!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurray... summer is here! The longest day of the year, and a beautiful one too around my neck of the woods! Same to you, Ms. Luna! Happy happy Midsummer's Eve! Love it!

      Cielo

      Delete
  5. Welcome home! I missed you. I would love to hear about Pienza. We have stayed in San Gimingano on past visits. My favorite big, Italian city is Florence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This charming village is widely known as the "ideal city of the Renaissance", the creation of the great humanist Enea Silvio Piccolomini who later became Pope Pius II. Piccolomini had the money and influence to transform his birthplace village, the humble Corsignano, into what he considered the Utopian city should be, exemplifying the principles and philosophy of classical times and of the great Italian Renaissance. Thus, Pienza became the realization of a dream! And it is a dream indeed! I too love Florence. Another lovely city!

      Cielo

      Delete
  6. I can't hear any music.How do I get it to play?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, lol... I deleted it! I though it was annoying 😉

      Love!

      Cielo

      Delete
  7. Beautiful. I can't wait to see the shabby chic room.

    ReplyDelete