Saturday, June 9, 2018

Painting the exterior or our house - part 3

Morning, June 8—Last day of painting, so I hope.  Raymond showed up a little after 8:00am all by himself, and that was it.  Nobody else showed up.  


Then, when the Fisherman and I came back from running some errands there was another young man working on the house along Raymond, a new painter I hadn’t met before.  



Santos will be spray-painting the gutters and whatever else still needs painting, but thus far, he hasn’t shown up.  Then it will be the cleaning up.  I can hardly wait!


Things are taken longer that I had expected, and the work should had been finished by yesterday, but these professionals are so busy and their business is so thriving, that they just have to take turns among themselves and among the houses they’re working on… and thus, I’ve been left behind sorts of speak… most of the work is done, so they are taking it easy with me now.  I must learn to be patient and wait.  It’ll all be done today.



Early afternoon, June 8—Santos is here now!  The gutters and last of the trims are being spray-painted, spots retouched, last details taken care of.  Santos is cleaning everything with the power washer, tools are being collected, painter's tape removed and thrown away, and everything is already looking marvelous... the back porch will have to be hose down too and floors re-stained, and then all furniture will be put back in place.  I hope we can finish this today.




It is hot, so hot!  And the garden, is like another garden—so much has transpired there while in my absence from it.  It is almost hard to believe how much it has grown and thrived in just this week alone.  I hadn’t been out there at all, that’s why.  Because of all the guys working around the house all week, I’ve kept away from it, and now weeds and broken branches are welcoming me into their green world with awesome, smiling faces that, too soon are ripped away and taken out by my intolerant hands.  So alas, while the guys finish up and the Fisherman (who is here today), mows the lawn, I’m cleaning the garden… pulling dreadful weeds, pruning the roses and vines, and bringing in handfulls of roses and perennials to make bouquets...







Late afternoon, June 8—the house is a new house now, and it’s looking so pretty and sophisticated in her new gray and white gown and marigold hat—like a real lady!  I should name her... oh yes I should!  But, what?



 


It occurred to Santos to paint the bottom part of the columns in the darker shade of gray, instead of painting them all white as it was my original idea, and I cannot love them anymore!  The dirt and stuff which is normally collected at the bottom of the columns will be less visible too, and I totally love the contrast.


One of the best things I love about this new paint color is how it showcases all the beautiful garden colors with a lovely background.  The deep red roses look particularly lovely against the gray backdrop.






What satisfaction this is!  The old house looks and feels like a brand new house, and all the colors of the garden seem to shine against the freshly painted background!  I am happy, my soul and heart are happy and I am immeasurably thankful for all we have accomplished in this old-new house of ours since we moved back!  Ready to start this new chapter, this new life with its ups and downs.  I hope my garden gives me hours of pleasure and healing… healing from my brokenness and losses, and that our comfy nest continues hosting angels, and that we can continue lighting up a candle on the altar of love, for anyone and everyone who enter here.

Tomorrow, I will be posting more pictures of our little front porch, which I am totally loving, and also the back!  Hope I won't bore you! ;)  Love you all!









12 comments:

  1. Love your "new" home!!!!

    Quite perfect...

    Love gray/white, and with a pop of yellow, oh my!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's like a totally brand new home! I'll show you more pics tomorrow!

      Cielo

      Delete
  2. I would never think of a Marigold yellow front door, but it play off the stone work just perfectly. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess every neighbor 'round here thinks the same way, lol! Always the same boring front doors... me included, until now! ;) The entrance is the first thing people see when they come by, so why not make your home stand out from the rest! I'm loving mine! I also love indigo, orange, chartreuse. I almost chose orange, but felt in love with this deep yellow! And guess what? After I read your comment I went to the Internet to figure out why I chose yellow for my front door, and this is what it says: “While it ups your curb appeal, a yellow door also says you’re logical while also creative. Like the color, you have a positive attitude and may even be a morning person!”. Utterly true! 😉

      Cielo

      Delete
  3. Absolutely lovely ! Very happy for you that this huge project is completed and it sounds like your expectations were met. And, that is a lot to be thankful for. It truly is a new house. I am wishing you many many moments of sheer joy in the home that Cielo and Fisherman made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary, I am very happy at how everything turned out, and I keep going outside and driving through our neighborhood just to look at our new nest from a distance and such... like a little girl with her new toy! Thank you for the good wishes for me and my Fisherman! It sounds delicious! ;)

      Hugs to you

      Cielo

      Delete
  4. It is beautiful! I love everything so much. The painters did a great job! I know you are so happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did an awesome job! I am very happy! Thank you cindee!

      cielo

      Delete
  5. Lovely new 'blog look' and Header!!! :-)

    I love, love, love changing of 'blog looks' and Headers.

    Not that many do, so it's all the more precious.

    -smile-

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must be so happy back there in your house in the roses. The paint looks wonderful. I love the little yellow table and that was so nice of the man to fix it. Great color choice for the door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am... but I do miss the south a lot. Did you know that our little white cottage was only 20 minutes away from Dalton? We used to go to Dalton all the time. We were so close! We used to shop at that Costco in Ringgold! ;)

      Hugs

      Cielo

      Delete