Monday, October 22, 2018

The Autumn fairies

Autumn has moved here, and now she lives with us—of course, I’m referring to the season, and from the windows in my kitchen you can tell she’s been adjusting nicely to our environment in her beautiful aquarelle colors… 


Outside, on the other side of the windows, it looks and it feels just as magical.  I cannot begin to explain or even try to fathom the splendid magical feelings this time of year conveys in me, and you sit quietly taking it all in; taking all what surround you and encompasses your very soul through your senses in a deep in dreamlike and magical manners under the crispiest and purest and pristine skies and air.  




Roses mingling with autumn leaves...



Colors more beautiful than ever!



Then, some very dear fairies came over to stay for a day or two... or more!  Phew!


They made a huge mess everywhere!


Hunting for treasures!



We put some-lots of makeup on, and then went outside and had a bubble contest... upps, missed a bit with the eyeliner! lol



We picked ripe grapes from the grapevines, making sure we left some for the birds too!


I solemnly swear that I am up to no good! ;)



Then, before we even knew it, a witch show up out of nowhere!

She only changed her outfits 300 times!


The sun was shining bright and warm, and the afternoon was crisp and golden as an apple. The leaves were all falling, and they were falling like they were falling in love with the ground, and with the garden and the little rumbustious little fairies…


Green grasses mingled with golden yellow leaves and crimson canopies, and the quality of light that lingered upon everything like some magical veil of peace and purity, was just too majestic and too gloriously beautiful to even begin to describe.  Oh stay… stay with me a little longer, October days; stay with me!
I hope you're enjoying these lovely final days of another October, as much as you can my friends!  Look for magic everywhere, for there's always some of it to be discovered!





5 comments:

  1. What a magical time! Love the little fairies!(-:
    It is almost fall here. Things are changing. The days are getting so much shorter. A full moon is around the corner! I know magic is lingering(-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are adorable! It really makes me miss my daughter at that age.

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  3. What could possibly be more adorable than treasure hunting fairies?! Magical post. I enjoyed reading it as I sipped my tea (um... and maybe ate a cookie).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love October! How lucky you are to have fairies appear like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Cielo, How I miss my girlies coming to stay with us and play princess!! My little ones are now big girls, 14, 12, and 8 and don't dress up or have tea parties, anymore. Sometimes its hard for me to realize how fast time flies. As much as I savor the time spent with each of them, it goes much too fast. I am blessed, however, that they live close by. Enjoy your girlies! They are so precious.

    ReplyDelete