Sunday, November 11, 2018

Winter is here

We woke up this morning to our first frost of the year.  Shrubs and rose bushes were covered in tiny particles of ice, and the delicate vines looked something like frozen spinach out of the freezer.  I’m afraid that my daily strolls through the garden have come to an end for now, and sitting outside to observe Nature for hours while I let sunshine dowse against my skin, is done too.  I must not forget, thought, that I still have the warmer hours of the afternoons to enjoy, cozy blankets and the firepit.  So from time to time I will still come out here to refuel and count my joys.   


The sky, too, is growing darker, painted blue on blue, one stroke at a time, into deeper and deeper shades of winter nights.


The mourning doves resembling angels—extravagant and silvery and magical have been coming to the garden every day...


...to feed off the garden's floors and serenade my life.  


And the chickadees and juncos keep foraging the garden for food too; almost invisible against the red autumn leaves scattered in colorful dreams along flowerbeds.  Can you find them?  


How lovely the days are, how beautiful Nature and the time spent nurturing my quiet soul with visions of the undisturbed beauty found in my natural surroundings… simple things, big sentiments, a whole lot of joy in small occurrences. Oh, let us never forget that whatever we are waiting for - peace of mind, contentment, grace, the inner awareness of simple abundance - it will surely come to us, but only when we are ready to receive it with an open and grateful heart.


Peace and blessings to you, my friend!~





No comments:

Post a Comment