Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Making memories

Days, specially mornings, have acquired this special aura of mellowness and crispiness and glorious hues of fresh pinks and glowing golden light, so beautiful, so magical, that my heart had been aglow-dancing, had been vocalizing the language of angels, and I… I just sit outside all day long and truly believe I’m the Alice of Lewis Carroll of my own little enchanted world.


How beautiful, how very marvelous this time of year is around here… here in our high dessert.   


I’ve been cleaning and changing things around the house, and our living room has got a touch of pink, so befitting with the outside summer look of pinks from roses and petals.  I love it—this touch of cranberry flushed pink along the patterned black and whites… just a touch; a mere blushing of color can make such a statement.


I also have a new rug in this area too. It was 60% off when I found it, and it has the perfect matching colors of my living room, so as you can imagine, I just had to get it, even if I didn’t need it… I always feel so guilty buying things I don’t need and I have to wrestled with my little heart sometimes, but I love details when it comes to decorating and always love to see small changes here and there... doing this uplifts my spirit and makes me so happy…


Our youngest son and his fiancĂ©e from NY spent a few magical days with us this week.  We older ones were enthusiastically inspired by them to feel young and fearless again and thus, we rode our bikes for miles and miles and floated the river in perilous rafters, we got stuck in the middle of rushing waters atop some very slippery gigantic rocks, I freaked out and came out of our raft, panicked some more and had to be rescued by our fearless handsome son, who literally had to walk on water to save his mom.  Then we walked and walked and walked for miles and miles back to our car after we floated the river and that evening still had some energy left to go to downtown for a late dinner at some fancy restaurant, were we sat outside in little cozy tables outlooking the city and talked and laughed, and  watched in amazement at how this young and wild generation handles life…

The following day we went to the thermal waters, took a plunge in almost boiling waters and then head out to a quaint little town cloistered in tall rugger mountains.  We rented a cabin, ate ice-cream cones as we listen to live music and then in the evening sat outside as the sun was setting down and sung old songs in all four voices…


Late that night, we went to the only place which was still open, the bar, and drank iced-cold lemonade and cranberry juice, went outside and watched an amazing starry sky and went to sleep… 

The following morning after breakfast we took a boat ride and were left in the middle of nowhere where then we started a 5-hour hike through the tallest mountains I had ever seen.  Trails and trails took us higher and higher in search of hidden blue lakes in the top of the mountains, we followed horses trails where we could almost touch the rugger peaks of the mountains and had an amazing view of the lake miles and miles down below… on our way back I stumbled and scraped my knees really bad, we had never been so tired in our entire life, our legs were cramped and we were famished and almost dehydrated, but we packed so many many many amazing memories in the sacks of our lives… perhaps, it was a little too much for us, perhaps we would never be able to do this again, but I’m so glad we did it all!  Memories is all it remains in the folds of our hearts, we should be willing to make them, treasure them and relive them until we are no more…cause at the end, that’s all we are left with—memories.




No comments:

Post a Comment