Wednesday, January 1, 2020

After Christmas


The day after Christmas, all my Christmas decorations were stacked away; including the large Christmas tree I had in our family room and the two smaller ones in front of our two front windows.  


As much as I love all the Christmas lights, I was already getting a bit anxious as it was... even with the minimal amount of clutter Christmas creates in my home.  Our living room is about the only place in my house I decorate a bit, aside from the two smaller Christmas trees I am now placing in front of the windows.

It was so easy to put everything away!  It only took me around ½ hour or less.  This is the joy of keeping things simple during the holidays. I love seeing our living room back to its simple normality… 


Do you go overboard on your Christmas decorating?  I guess there must be something wrong with me, for I fear overcrowding my house... I could never understand those who like overdoing it with Christmas decorations for the holiday; or any other holiday or day.  We see way too many pics of beautiful homes where owners love to stack thing on top of things, and one just have to wonder sometimes how in the world can these people walk around their houses without bumping into things or not going nuts… their homes make me think of an antique shop or a cozy pretty place where you just want to go to shop, but never want to stay.

It is just me, I know.  But while it may be tempting to completely cover your rooms wall to wall in regalia, doing so can actually detract from your overall aesthetic, me thinks!

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a lovely New Year! Much happiness to you, and yours!





No comments:

Post a Comment