Wednesday, April 22, 2020

The magic of our moments

Margarita sits in the middle of the garden... no, she isn’t some kind of a fancy drink.  She isn’t a flower either... she’s a Soul.  Yes, a Soul.  And I can attest to that, because I’ve seen her with my very own eyes more than once... in my garden, of course!


Every day is the same thing... I go out for my very first stroll of the day—first thing after my coffee time, and there she’d be... already sitting in the heart of my garden clothed in petal whites, singing love songs to the morning sky.

Hidden in the morning dew she’d be, and hidden in the light that shines dimmed and muted in golden tones from cloudless blue skies, she waits.  She sits and waits and stretches out her skirt of petal whites, just as what we used to do as kids when playing children’s games and singing children’s songs.  I can still remember:

“Estaba la pájara pinta

sentadita en su verde limón.

Con el pico recoge la rama,

con la rama recoge la flor...

Ay, mi amor... ay, mi amor”


It is no secret this Soul waits for us to join in. But, if only one thing is to be true in this story, that would be this:  you’d better pay close attention to details in your surroundings or else you’d miss your chances of seeing or meeting her.  For this magical Soul is well known for vanishing into thin air in a single puff of instances!  Yes, just like that!

You see, everything in life is so quickly vanished, so fast the moments go by, so wildly the world spins around, that if we don’t pay close attention to what’s going on around us, the entire magic of our moments could vanish before our very eyes.  Puff!


I can hardly stand this thought.  Moments go by way too fast if you ask me... days come and go, and almost in a blink of an eye all the precious moments are gone.  Like if when in an opera or a play all of a sudden lights start to go off... one by one.  Puff puff puff! Bringing everything to an end and cutting you off from all the splendor and joy and beauty of the moment. So it is with our days, and moments.  You want to retain the best of them forever, but you cannot.  Sad, isn’t it.  But that’s just how it is.

I guess what I’m trying to say is, slow down and enjoy the moment you're in and live your life to the fullest.  If you do not enjoy a moment, you lose it forever. If you enjoy it, it is yours forever... love with your heart, let your heart be the compass of your life. 


Hasta pronto!


1 comment: