Monday, May 25, 2020

The end of May garden

I have forgotten how beautiful the garden gets at the end of May...


And I had forgotten how bad things looked around here two springs ago when we moved back, reclaimed our home and this old garden was redeemed...


Like bad... things looked really bad back then... but nature is so forgiven and if you give it just the proper amount of care, and love, it would soon recover... and give you back so much more!


I can't even believe this is the same place...


Everything look amazingly beautiful this year, and I have noticed that it took two full years for the garden to fully recovered from being unloved. Pruning, dividing, cleaning, taking out old things and planting new ones, thinning out and replanting, moving flowers and bulbs from one space to another, there's so much I had done here and continue doing, but nature is always so rewarding, you give and she'd give ten-thousand folds back, and I look around and marvel, and marvel one time over again and again...


..can you believe this is the same spot two years ago?


as this...  exactly the same!


and this here...


the exact place as this...


I cannot tell you how happy my garden makes me feel and comparing pictures of how it looked two years ago, with how it looks today, it simply makes my heart overflow with joy.  It is beyond my wildest dream, to see it this beautiful again!


I look at pictures of what this corner used to looked like when we moved back...


and remember me pulling weeds and old bulbs, and making my little pond...


and I have to pinch myself to believe this is the exact same space now...


same space... before


and now...


mom's memorial garden was just this...


and this is what it looks now...


the same exact spot... 


Garden Phlox, lupines, Shasta daisy, Black-eyed Susan, hostas, an assortment of irises, tulips, sedum, periwinkle, and ferns are growing there now... and I keep adding more.  Every time I work this small space, I think of mom. It is her space, the little garden of the heart I dedicated to her...  Sometimes I cry when I work in here, but always have to smile, too.  I will always remember her on that long ago May, when she and dad were here visiting, and between her and I we both carried all those big rocks we collected on a trip to the mountains and brought them here, where we started this little garden together.  She making me laugh, I, telling her where to lay the rocks.  Oh how I loved her.  I so miss her.  She will always live in my heart forevermore...


I have a lot more to show you and talk about... but I'll leave you here for now.  Here in the garden life goes by so fast and so beautifully... I'm complete here.


5 comments:

  1. I love your garden. You have worked so hard to bring it back to life. I love the angels too. They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is beautiful and an inspiration to work on my little garden!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. +Hello dear friend. I have followed your blog for a long time. I love reading about your garden memories about your Mother. I can relate,..almost. My Mother is soon to come live with me. Her memory is slipping,...quickly,... Hope to make some lasting memories and perhaps create a sweet little garden spot,..like you made with your Mother, to remember spending loving times together. Thank you for sharing precious pieces of your heart with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy reading about your gardens and how you have restored them. It seems your heart is at peace when your garden flourishes. I'm just starting to plant and isn't it wonderful to check several times a day at the progress our flowers are making? Thank you for sharing your beautiful gardens.

    ReplyDelete