Thursday, July 9, 2020

The summer backporch

A few Saturdays ago while on a nice morning stroll through our neighborhood, we meet some very nice people on the other side of the neighborhood, and after commenting how I always have to stop by whenever I pass by their home to just admire her front gardens, we were invited in... and what a lovely backyard and gardens they had back there... 

I was so inspired, that after coming back home I felt like reworking my space and making some changes to my own little sanctuary… 

   
My sole intention was to only rearrange the chairs in the porch and make them into an “L”, to give the space a more aesthetic and cozier look. For some odd reasons, I placed all the sits in a straight long line against the entire wall, and they had stayed like that since the day the furniture arrived, last summer.

What I wasn’t expecting, thought, was to find the amount of dead leaves and gross stuff left behind by birds and winter winds behind those chairs. Which means, I was ‘forced’ to work. And thus, the deep cleaning began. The moving of furniture and things, the sweeping and the washing and hosing of things, and this and that…

After I finished cleaning and rearranging things there, everything looked so cute that I had to… I definitely had to, bring all my plants outside for the summer…


Which meant, more moving to do and more surprises to find, now inside the house… for oh, my friends, plants can accumulate a whole lot of dirt and creepy things in a house, if you let them be for a long while…


I even had to cleaned windows and window sills, not to mentions curtains and floors and furniture where all those plants had been. Yuck! It was like a little jungle in the making inside the house, including some its disgusting little creatures that’s what it was!  Then... 


... back to this
Immediately, everything opened up and the space looked so clean
and sunshine streamed in, in such beautiful, magical way...


On this small table, now only a bouquet or two from the garden...


I only wish I could leave all my plants outside the entire year. They look so pretty outside and they make the porch look and feel so cozy and jungley, and watering them is so much easier too!



I love love how cozy and comfortable our little porch looks now!







Warm days cozy evenings




I am liking this open-clean space so much now! Light is streaming through so nicely now, I don’t think I’d want to bring all those plants in ever again.


Unfortunately, this is not an option around here. And every plant here would have to be hauled back inside just in a few more months. Warmer days are so short here.  For now, I'll enjoy every moment here and just be happy!



3 comments:

  1. Cielo,
    Your porch is stunning as is your home! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love what you have done with your porch and house. I am so bad about not looking behind things until suddenly it is like a bomb blows up and I suddenly see such dirt and clutter. My eyes actually hurt when clutter and yuck appear because they have just not focused I guess for weeks! This happened last week in my living room! lol

    I am still locked down with my son (pretty much since February)... Our tiny town is getting worse right now for the virus... my son has health and breathing issues...

    Take care and enjoy your porch. I think it looks so inviting. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your back porch looks beautiful and sooo cozy wish I could come sit back there!!!

    ReplyDelete