Friday, March 16, 2018

This week

3-11-18

Today I started painting the patio furniture.  This time, they will be all in black.  


Black paint offers a better coverage, and to me, it always speaks of elegance.  New cushions will add the color they need. 


The fence got a new staining too.  
I worked on the chairs while the Fisherman worked on the fence!


A little bit darker than what we originally had there, 
...and I like it so much better!
Can't hardly wait to see those trees covered in green!


03-12-18

We were supposed to have our new carpet installed in our living room today, but it didn’t happen.  We got all the way to the padding part and when the carpet was finally unrolled, what a total disappointment it was.  This carpet was supposed to be one of the finest, but the Home Depot guys never told me how thin it was, or that because of the way it is weaved, how the seams were going to be shown, no matter where they cut it.  All in all, it wasn’t what I’d expected it to be, and thus it had to be returned. 


Walter was such a nice guy... very polite and such a professional.  He's been installing carpet for 42 years.  Can you imagine!  


Now my floors are bare and fill with exposed nails.  Until I can order a new carpet.



03-13-18

The wind—that awful wind of the North. And it was so despicably windy today that I wasn’t able to go outside for much, even when the temperatures were in the high 40s. What I did was work on my other garden chairs… those same ones which sits I covered using a pretty summer dress. Remember them?


The idea of covering those chair with an old summer dress sounded fantastic at that time.  And they looked so pretty too, but what a total failure that was… because the fabric was so thin and because the chairs were exposed to outside environment and temperatures fluctuation, it just didn’t work.  The fabric faded pretty quickly, and by the end of that summer, they were looking pretty bad. 


So, this time I decided to try something else… to begin with, I chose a magenta paint color instead of black.  I wanted something livelier, and happier for these smaller chairs, so this hot pink is looking pretty cool to me!


For the sits I wanted to use something I already had at home, plus I didn’t want to buy expensive fabric for this project anyways.  So, I decided to use an old patio tablecloth this time and see what happens! 😉 Made for outside, and easy-to-clean fabric.  I’ll give it a month or two! Oh, but it looks so pretty!



It was such a cold mid March day today.  Tomorrow we are bound for more snow again, and all those delphinium seeds and shade bulbs I bought will have to wait some more before they can be planted.  I'm seeing some bare root roses being sold at some stores already, and that makes me so very happy!

      


6 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pink chairs and pretty seats! It has to feel like Christmas as you open each box of outdoor items and try to picture where they will fit in the new garden! I agree on the black chairs. They will look classic and it is fun to change colors and give them a whole new look.
    So sorry to hear about the carpet experience. I'm sure he did the best he could (all those years of experience couldn't fix it). I will be looking forward to your next choice and hope it brings a smile to your face.
    I love that you stain your fence. It gives it a classy, finished look. We do the same here!
    Keep up the beautiful work and it WILL pay off! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed that carpet layer's knees are still able to get down on the floor.
    Love the garden chairs and that tablecloth on the pink chair seats is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Win some... Chairs.

    Lose some... Rug disappointment, Cold, Snow.

    I think the rug installer is using on of those kneel-on-and-roll things. Rather like a skateboard, in the shape of knees, with wheels. Saw them, on one of the tv do-over shows. They look as if they make such a job, much more comfortable.

    Your To Do List! Always perfect and wise! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the chairs. So sorry about carpet. We had a bad experience here with carpet too. But ours was because they did not order enough! So had to wait another two+ weeks to get installed. It was a nightmare, but I love the carpet so much it was all worth it in the end. Hope you will get what you want next time and be happy! We did not use Home Depot this last time although we did the time before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's still too cold here in northern IL to be doing any outside work. I can't wait until we can get the patio furniture uncovered and put into place, and like you, I have some outdoor things that need painting, too. Love your pink/magenta chairs. So sorry your carpeting didn't work out. You could always get laminate flooring (that looks like hardwood) instead.

    ReplyDelete