Sunday, April 29, 2018

Spring is in the air

My little world has been painted in fuchsias and pinks, and the ground smells like cherry blossoms.




Mourning doves are serenading the open spaces above my head at all hours of day, and under my feet soft, green grasses.  The trees, the tulips—those first splendid gems of early spring, the sun, the moon, and stars these are the themes of my meditations and morning and evening walks in the garden.  




The lilac tree is bursting in blooms; full, and heavy, with glorious jewels of dark purple and amethysts. 


The garden is very still. It is dazed with moonlight, contented with lilac perfume... Can you see the moon above the blossoms?


How can I describe it?  The scent... the glorious, marvelous scent of the lilacs being carried by winds. It marvels me, this scent... it dulls every other senses and you feel as if the earth is letting itself be inhaled in this simple, lovely perfume of which I can only say it contains so much depth within itself, light and darkness, and something greater than life itself.  



Oh the lilac scent; the ripe earth... 
A black cat among roses, 
garden phlox, lilac-misted under a fainted moon
Things I love... 



I want to fill my house with lilac perfume... oh, I want more… more; masses of them!



I have been working hard too.  All of the outside furniture had been painted. New cushions have been provided, every flowerpot, all the little things, the weather tattered fountains and decorations stained and painted...





...and now I sit and wait for the mocking-bird, the whip-poor-will, the yellow-throat and the humming bird.

8 comments:

  1. Lilacs are my favorite flowering bush. I have 6 planted on the west side of my house. The scent that comes through those west windows it beyond wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... 6 lilac bushes, it must be glorious! Love love love them!

      Cielo

      Delete
  2. I wish our things were in bloom. Everything is late here due to the winter being long this year. I went out and bought a couple of new flower pots and I see you have one just like it. The big blue one in your last picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon Betty! Spring is on its way all over 'our' little world!

      Hugs

      Cielo

      Delete
  3. I feel as though I have taken a walk with you through your lovely gardens. Your pictures and descriptions were so vivid. Thank you for sharing the beauty. I am glad it is coming to life again! -Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy... wish I could invite you over!

      Hugs

      Cielo

      Delete
  4. I am always amazed at how you can transform your gardens into your little paradise! All your hard work has sure paid off, it is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It is a continuous amazement... it is hard to believe that this place, as bad as it was when we moved, can again look this marvelous! Hard work and determination, but also a lot of magic with the help from Above!

      Cielo

      Delete