Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Life at this old house in the roses

I have started running again.  A few hours after our super early morning breakfast I go out, but mornings here are nothing like those southern mornings of my yesterdays...  


Our sun is a lazy sun and by nine it is still cold outside, and chilly winds are an impossible thing to conquer... 


Oh, how I miss those sun-filled mornings of my southern days!  And how I miss the glorious silence and privacy of our little white cocoon.  Neighborhood dogs are worse than the wind around here, and I find myself wishing upon a star for the quiet days of the country life again. Looking back, I am astonished, and can hardly believe how all of my dreams had come true while living in that little white cottage that was my kingdom of heaven.  I wish it would only be the gentle quietness of birds and the purr of cats around here.  But it is not.


I've found another painting that I really like. This creepy beauty here came home with me yesterday from my roundabouts at our local thrift stores...  


It is such a colorful and creative work of art!  She reminds me of the Frida Kahlo in the movie Coco.  Have you seen it?  I knew I had to have her the minute I put her back in the shelves thinking she was cool, but pretty weird, and then saw a woman pondering over it. I heard her talking to her son into getting it and I knew I'd lost my chance, but then they put her back in the shelves.  “Too creepy”, said the son!  I almost snatched her out of their hands right after that! ;) 


Gary, our painter, is again postponing my dream of seeing our home being renovated in newly fresh paint, and thus I’m not talking to him.  It is better to ignore him and let him come whenever he sees it fit, than having to bear his idiosyncrasy…

In the garden, the lilacs are being tossed by winds, and the scent, the glorious, glorious scent of it is embracing every inch of my soul.  This morning, I collected my first bouquet, everything glowing and blowing, the cherry tree petals everywhere and the blessed little birds reigning supreme.



Lilacs are such a delight, and I want every pot and bowl and tub in the house filled with their purple glories. That’s why we got another lilac bush this past Sunday—a French Lilac bush that the Fisherman himself got for me and planted it for me.


What would it be next?  I wonder.  What flower, branch or wildflower from my very own gardens would I be collecting and bringing in?  Roses.  The May roses!  I can hardly wait!

The front of our house is a riot of white petals these days... 



Both of the trees in the front yard are covered in wonderful, precious blooms; so much, that the house is almost covered in their splendors.    


The front porch gets a lot of shade now, and it is almost hard to believe this is the same sunny porch of just a few years ago, when the trees were young and the hot sun of the high desert summers flooded it all day long.  I was thinking of a large geranium pot by the door, or the climbing Mandevilla and some hanging baskets, but now I don't know.


I'm writing from behind those windows on the second floor.  Can you see me? ;) All I see when I look down are the white and pink canopies of these trees.  I love it!


7 comments:

  1. That painting! I absolutely LOVE it. I don't think it's creepy at all! It's colorful and unique. I would have snatched it right up and bought it too. It reminds me of La Calavera Catrina. And yes, of the characters in Coco as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amiga.... thank you for letting me know I'm not the only one loving awesomely weird art!!! Me too, I just love it!

      Cielo

      Delete
  2. Well I'm finally here CIELO have been writing my poetry in between these chronic sicknesses and pain.
    The strange thing is it was not till this is realised I could write poetry as it just flowed helping the depression I didn't understand how a loving God uses pain and endless skeepless nights to bring about a hidden gift.
    At times I look back
    But then I remember Lots wife
    A pillar of salt.
    So I avoid the Dr's like the plague
    Trying natural cures
    But I am twelve years older now
    Enough of me CIELO I didn't mean to write all this hear.
    I am so pleased you are settling again
    And at you.new old place
    Blessings will see you again soon.
    Freydis
    I have put you in my list of favourite blogs on google+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Freydis, how very nice to hear from you. I pray that you'll feel better, and that your Heavenly Father will freely and abundantly supply all you need.

      Much love my friend!

      Cielo

      Delete
  3. I can picture your house hugging itself with beauty... so surprised and blissful that you are back to whisper the beauty back to surround and fill up the gardens. I don't really think I could ever move because this house would cry itself to ruins...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it my friend! Love your description so much... because that's exactly how I see it too! So wish we could live closer... would you come over and visit me? I wish... love ya!

      Cielo

      Delete