Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Lovely days

Oh magical days… oh exquisite June… oh perfectly warm glorious days, slow down! 


And it seems as if my hours are being carried away on some magical chariot of winged horses too swift and too wild to even try to tame them—their hoofs plodding the garden ground, while I lift my eyes and realize, that too soon all these glories will be gone… again!

 

I just don't want to think about how short the growing season is around here, or how quickly warm rose-filled days evaporate from your fingers, or how the speed at which the daylight dies is swifter than the wind... so I won't!


I have pruned all rose bushes and shrubs, and the garden has regained some of its order.  How beautiful everything looks after a cutback… it comes to mind fine ladies after a day at the SPA; hair trimmed; face scrubbed. Their heart singing the songs of fairies… 


How very lovely roses are to me... even after a prune and ready to be trashed they're still lovely to my heart.


In springtime, love is carried on the breeze. Watch out for flying passion and kisses whizzing by your head." -- Emma Racine Defleur



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, magical photos...I only wish June were so lovely here in northern IL! We've had nothing but rain since April. Please send sunshine my way! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts always fill my heart with a sense of magic and whimsy. Love the nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Como são belas as suas ROSAS! Um lindo resto de semana para você, beijos!

    ReplyDelete