Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Summer days

Oh, summer how I love thee!  

 
I’m living my days in the garden these days.  Hours and hours spent watching at how Nature master its own way on becoming prosper and a beautiful place for humans to live in.


And how the garden has fully-fledged and swollen itself in this deed green lushness and summer glories and squawks and croaks and bird-talk!


I grow roses for many reasons... to please my eye or to please my soul, to challenge the elements or to challenge my patience, for novelty or for nostalgia, but mostly for the joy in seeing them embellishing my world when I look out my window!     
  
Birds are everywhere, and the diminutive Hanna hummingbird have found the sugary water I make for them.  I love to watch them—two, three of them flying around my head without the slightest fear, as if I were yet another garden statue.  How lovely, how very lovely these tiny creatures are...


God Almighty first planted a garden. And indeed, it is the purest of human pleasures.  

  
Everything that slows us down and forces patience, everything that sets us back into the slow circles of nature, is a help. Gardening is an instrument of grace. 






1 comment: