Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Mellow Yellow

I’m not at home.  I’m writing this from a hotel conference room across from the Niagara Falls, but I fathom that my heart will always reside at home; for it is in my nature to dream, talk and write about it wherever I may be. 

Before we left home, I decided to change the colors of our living room.  I did this in accord to the changes taking place outside, for the atmosphere of the summer garden one day changed swiftly, and unexpectedly—as in a blink of an eye, and the garden acquired a new feel to it, and it was wrapped in a new refreshed autumnal mood, which inspired me to change things inside my house too… and thus, the pinks of summer were swapped by mellow yellows and the few ceramic pumpkin the color of persimmon gold and harvest green. 








The few pink roses and peony bouquets were changed by yellow sunflowers with their big brown centers, which, although evocative of summer, and summer days, they always speak to my heart of early fall and autumnal day in the fields.



Thinking about autumn can bring about some pleasant thoughts. And while it is common to think about cozy scarves and delicious pies, the symbolic meanings of autumn are more profound than you think. Ancient cultures, science, and astrology have associated many aspects of this beautiful season to human life. These symbolic associations are powerful reminders that Mother Nature has an incredible influence on our lives.  So, let us go outside, look around and enjoy, really enjoy everything we see, and feel.


2 comments: