Friday, December 13, 2019

Romantic Shabby Chic

Do you change things around your house often?  Do you have a favorite decorating style?  Or perhaps more than one?  Many?


I find myself wanting to change the look of my rooms at the turn of every season.  Spring, summer, fall and winter.  Not big changes.  Our furniture is always the same, same rugs, mirrors, and such… but the changes are in the details. 


 ...decorative pillows, and curtains are always changing... and then there are the glass jars, pitchers, baskets and dried flowers with which to create pretty, romantic displays.  


 Miss Frida got a new head... she looks so pretty!


Fairy lights are a must!


In the bedrooms, it is a fresh new change and softer colors, a new bedspread or comforter, new pillowcases and decorative pillows, area rugs and curtains.  Nothing new, just things I already have, but the change makes everything looking like new... I never get bored doing this!  And of course, again the changes are in the details.


if you put your bed along the wall, the easier would be to incorporate more pretty pillows!


It needn’t be much and certainly; it needn’t cost you too much money.


Why do I always seem to gravitate towards the Shabby Chic style in winter?  I don't know.  It is just so much more romantic and cozy... Shabby Chic is decidedly pretty and delicate with its lace and pastel accents.  Flowers and floral prints are also welcome in this decor style.

3 comments:

  1. Uau! Lindo! Um feliz Natal para vocĂȘs!Beijos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same - constantly changing curtains, rugs, vignettes, etc. It is in my soul. Right now for Christmas, I'm into traditional reds, which I haven't been for years, but I'm loving it. Our homes are our canvas. BTW, I love when you are in a shabby-chic move. It's my favor decor style in your home. Have a blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete