Friday, December 6, 2019

Home

We got our first snowy day of the season last week and the garden was a white world and an aviary, with birds coming in and out of the garden at every hour to feed from the feeders.  


I sit across the window when they feed and just watch and just meditate upon life as I enjoy the coziness of my home and the beauty of my little jungle inside… cause it is a jungle in here with my many plants in this little corner, and I love it—love sitting on the big comfy chair among my plants and be swallowed up by them; tall and small spiky and lush and just look outside the window and have a cup of coffee while sitting here too.  Little joys that I appreciate so much.


And thus, our house had been decorated for the holidays as much as I can stand—the main tree tall and thin to free some space.  This time, I decided to place it by our fireplace in our family room, rather than in our formal living room where I have been placing it for the last two years since we moved back home.  


Our open floor plan kitchen/Livingroom is where we spend most of our time when we’re home, so this is where my Christmas tree will live this year.  I love seeing a Christmas tree peeking out of illuminated windows at night when I drive by, but if I place our Christmas tree in our living room, which is in the front of the house, I would never get to see it, as I hardly go there.  Our kitchen and family room are on the back of the house.  Nobody will see it from here, but I get to see it lighted up every night, and that’s perfect for me.

The other two smaller Christmas trees are sitting in different rooms of the house… they’re small and only have fairy lights on them.  I love them so much!


This one in particular is so special to me... I had it for two years now and it is a dead bougainvillea plant that I just kept and adorned with lights and other ornaments.  I keep it light up all year.


I keep my fairy lights all year around.  They are everywhere. 


I love being at home. Home is not a place…it’s a feeling!


2 comments:

  1. I love your tall, thin tree. It looks beautiful. I agree with you. There is no place like home! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too dear Joanie.... blessings to you and yours


      Cielo

      Delete