Saturday, February 22, 2020

Plants and more plants

I hear the garden calling my name—there’s so much to do out there… yet, I’m so not ready for any of it.  My little creative soul keeps wanting to create something and the only thing I can think of is adding more plants to my already plant saturated home… so I’m been doing that.


I’m also dreaming with making one or two terrariums… or a candle holder or a pinecone store or a small garden in a glass.  Whatever you can call it! 


I particularly like this idea...


There are many kinds of plants to pick from, that work very nicely with terrariums and sometimes, even using fake greens to create you inside garden can add charm and a natural feel to your rooms…  

I have been experimenting with a water garden, which consists of adding water to a pretty thrift store bought jar and placing your cuttings in it…


First, I bought a few things from the dollar store to embellish my jars—small river rocks, some colored stones, the ones you use for plants, cacti and succulents bedding and things like that.  I also bought two containers of the clear water beads vase fillers… they are like gel water pearls, and they come in an assortment of colors… I just liked the clear ones.  These things float and are perfect for floral decorations.  And that’s it!


Later, I decorated an old silver tray by placing a piece of wrapping paper on it and look at how pretty everything looks now!  To the tray I also added a string of pinecones, my peace rock, some fake pearls and I’m so loving this! Oh and I’m thinking I also need to add some fairy lights for a warm ambient at night… what do you all think?


5 comments:

  1. I love this arrangement with the water cuttings on a tray - just gorgeous! Fairy lights would be the "icing on the cake".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mel... it's so much fun... try it!

      Cielo

      Delete
  2. It´s stunning… your jars with glass pearls. Great idea! I always love to see your posts & pictures. Although there is an ocean between us, I feel so near you because our emotions about gardens, nature, decoration and life are so similar...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas for a beautiful decors. All the photos are stunning. It is good to have indoor plants but I am not sure how to maintain it. It is a daunting task to fund the right kind of plants. The face sculpture was good. Loved the mesmerizing terrarium. You can team up any kind of plant with terrariums.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These terranium ideas are stunning. I shall recommend your page to my friend who works at the Music Institute Coimbatore. She is crazy about terraniums and has a good number of these beautiful creations in her home. Can you tell me how long those ferns and fronds last in water?

    ReplyDelete