Saturday, December 12, 2020

December...

...and winter came and I fell far away, and detached... as the garden these days—aloof and quieted. I’m drawn to its spell, slowly humming me to quiet down too... and built isolated walls around my heart.  

If I could mention only one good thing about living in a cold climate place like we do, it will have to be the coziness of cold winter days—fluffing up your nest with pillows and warm blankets; pretty fleecy throws, lighting up the candles in the middle of the afternoon and filling your space with Nature as much as you are able to.


Life has continued as it has all throughout this bitter year, but we are doing well, our family has grown; both in members and in blessings and I am thankful for a job a go to everyday without feeling miserable inside and people who I can relate to and let me expand and grow.

At home, our bedroom is in the upstairs; close to a window where the sunset sky is the gift, I get every evening before the stars come out. Now that is already dark when we get home, it is Sirius the brightest start what accompanies my nights.

I wasn’t going to decorate our home for Christmas this year.  My spirit wasn’t set alight as other years,  and I didn’t feel the bright light spirit shining inside, but then we took out the few ornaments and Christmas décor from the one box where they are kept, and now the Christmas tree is up—by the bay window at the front of the house again; where passerby would see it and where we too, as we arrive home every evening.


I love to see lights from the outside. Lights make a home a cozy nest where one would think things are good—warmth, good food, health, family and understanding. And I wish it would be like that for every home...


Last week I decided I wanted to move our dining table close to that window by the kitchen.  That’s where our dinning room was years ago.  When we moved back, I took what it used to be the Fisherman’s office and made it into our dinning room. It is a super small room and the big square table was too much for the confined space.  I wanted to be able to sit at the table again this morning, have our meals there, instead on the kitchen counter and be able to look to the garden.  So, I did.  I moved it back. 

I am pleased.  I get my much-needed sunshine sitting by the window and although it is nothing like our little white cottage with its romanticism of feral and birds, I still can look outside. 

The room we were using as our dinning room, it is now my reading/prayer room.  I have filled it up with everything I love and I have surrounded by self with plants, books and soft uplifting music.  





If you are still coming here, and remember me, 

be happy

be well

be blessed
 


 

10 comments:

  1. I love your tree and the lights and your new room all decorated up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Christmas tree and home! Love your bay window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I decided to check your blog to see if you've written a new post and here you are! So yes, I am still here. I'm glad you are, too. Your home is so beautiful and tranquil. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home looks so relaxing and peaceful. Hope you are enjoying your new job. Really enjoyed your garden and house in SC. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely home you have created, I especially like your Frieda bedroom strung with lights. (I had to come over and look at your site because, like you, I live in an old house surrounded by roses!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course, I am still coming there and remembering you! I think it is a kindred spirit thing for sure. I also have loved moving rooms. I switched my dining room to my bedroom... When my son was little he hit the door of his Granny's house screaming that Mama had lost the dining room and he couldn't find it anywhere... I had switched it with the den... Merry Christmas! I have a little elf like yours. Your tree is a beauty... enjoy your big window... the days grow longer now and you will soon be in your garden... Feliz Navidad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Cielo, it is one month silence now since your last post. I miss your thoughts and pictures, they are always so inspiring for me... So I just want to tell you I hope you are fine. God bless you & your dears. Greatings from Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ciao Cielo, come stai? Ci manchi. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sempre venho te fazer uma visita... adoro o seu jeito de ser e de escrever...
    Quando você volta a postar?

    ReplyDelete
  10. your home is so beautiful. I am sorry I have not been here to comment, so many other things going on. Hope you and your family are well. Did you get a lot of snow yesterday? We had a little, mostly in the trees. It was gone by afternoon. :)

    ReplyDelete