Sunday, February 14, 2021

Hello Hola!

Just entering the thresholds of this old house—nestled in sleepy roses, makes me feel nostalgic and wistful for gone by eras. And I have to wonder if, perhaps, I am another person; and a soul I no longer recognize. 



And where has time gone to? Where the years have gone to hide... in what drawer of time and in what part of the horizon they rest? For it seems years, if not centuries, since I came here last... years since those days when life was young, and the conspiracy of happy days filled my very soul with wonder and dreams.... and why had my heart stopped dreaming? Why had my soul stopped seeing the dawn before the rest of the world?

I blame age, and I blame these long winters and those long hours at work and I blame this world and the changes that had come to rattled our peace.  Perhaps, I am getting old, or I am older, perhaps time does that to you—it makes you lose some of your boldness and some of the freedom running through your veins, to be you, be the child that you were in the spirit, be naïve and engage life with the eyes of innocence. 



Time has a way of freezing up our hearts sometimes. Whatever it is, I have changed. My heart is a hermit, my body aches, and It’s been snowing for days... snow, white and thick and unforgiving purifies my world outside and this heart feels as cold as snow—nieve.



The only thing that seems to give me some comfort are my plants and I have converted this unattractive, small room into a conservatory of sorts.... always evolving, always the place to come to daydream and read and pray... 




The room is located to the front of the house, outlooking at the street and neighboring houses. It is not really what my heart envisions or dream of, a real conservatory, sunlight beaming through the enormous glass roof where I can have all my tropical plants... 



Just to think about this makes my heart beats wildly, my thoughts to linger in some gigantic tropical plants, while I sit under an arbor covered with bougainvillea bursting with magenta blossom, just like the one, once framing the entrance to my mother’s small garden.




For nor now, this makes me happy. We all need a room that makes us happy. I don’t have a Florida room with big windows filled with sunshine year around, my floors are not even appropriate for a real plant room... they are carpeted, which means they get soil and plant debris and little pieces of wood and moss and such beauty, but it is the room for peaceful moments and faith filled hours where the heart gets recharged and hope and faith work together to really experience God.

Thank you for your friendship and kindred spirit and for still coming by... I wish you all the best. I wish you beautiful quiet days and a heart filled with faith and trust in our Heavenly Father. I truly believe we are living in perilous times. There are so many signs that tell us we are living in the last days of earth's history. Let us get ready my friends!





5 comments:

  1. I love all your house plants. I think they are really welcome during the long winter months. Yours all look so healthy and beautiful. Soon it will be spring so hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice blog today. Yes, we should all get ready for Jesus' return. In the meantime, I love the snow here in the Black Hills of South Dakota. We are supposed to get to 11 below zero tonight which is a heatwave compared to the 22 below we had night before last. I thank God for a warm house, good husband and good food, especially when others have so little. I think with Jesus and a good husband, we can accomplish anything! I pray you have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah... it is sometimes a struggle to keep the soul kindled. At times my heart mumbles the prophetic phrase, "This is the way the world ends... not with a bang but a whimper" ----- But thankfully my lips and demeanor always smile and reassure those in my life... often they are so desolate. "How do you stay so upbeat?" they ask... Because it is all I have? Because my parents preached to make the best of any given situation? Because I am such a faker? I love to think of your pretty, happiness room filled with plants. Mine is stuffed with paper and glue, books, inks and paints... Yours has carpet and mine, the hardwood gone bare from wear and years of scuff and shuffle.. Love you, Cielo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking about you yesterday as it seemed like it had been a while since you made a blog post, but I totally understand. I feel it is hard to be "social" currently. I tend to just want to stay inside and hibernate and I live in Phoenix! Yes. Even here with our sunshine and relatively warm temps, I feel the "recluse" in me strongly. I also feel we are close to the "end". This world feels so hostile overall that it seems only Jesus coming here literally can straighten out this mess.

    On a brighter note, your plant room is amazing. My only daughter married recently and is turning her new home into a plant world. She and her husband have bought lights and humidifiers and are growing amazing houseplants as well as trying their hand at flower and vegetable gardening outdoors. It is so good for the soul. I hope you find much solace in your peaceful plant room. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo good to see your new post what a happy healthy conservatory of plants you have created! Spring will be here soon and I look forward to that and thinking of new ways to design different garden areas in our small backyard. Stay positive and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete