Saturday, March 20, 2021

Covid-19

 March 15

So many ‘years’—so it seems, have transpired since I last wrote.  Such traumatic moments we have lived, too.   

Yes, both my Fisherman and I got infected with the novel coronavirus a month ago today.  Two weeks of uncertainties, days and days of not feeling well and not knowing exactly what was to be expected next, or what was going to happen to us or what we were supposed to experienced; days and days thinking of our friends and remembering those who didn’t make it, it was indeed a traumatic experience.

I spent many hours on my knees seeking help from “above”; at times feeling I was going to die; feeling unworthy at times for God to hear me, or feeling I wasn’t good enough or perhaps not holly enough for having been infected.  Guilt, fear, contrition filled my soul.  One morning when my faith was at its low and I was feeling very discouraged, I asked the Lord to speak to me and show me what I was to expect.  I was ready.  I then opened my Bible, and God said to me in a gentle, clear voice:  “Blessed be the Lord, who has not given us as prey to their teeth. We have escaped like a bird from the snare of the fowler; the net is torn, and we have slipped away” (Psalm 124:7).


I knew right there and then that we were going to be fine.  We had escaped, even if we were still feeling awful!  And we did.


March 12

I have started working in the garden again—spring cleaning this place I have so abandoned for so many months is like meeting with a good friend I hadn’t seen in years again.  I’ve been discarding winter spoils and cleaning the garden’s floors of debris accumulated during the cold season.  It hasn’t been easy, this job… for this body has aged in the chronometer of an atomic clock since Covid… but it felt deliciously good, and it felt delightful like a miracle escaping through my fingers as I worked the soil and crawled under the bushes, pulling weeds and raking dead leaves with bare hands. 

I’m alive!  I made it through, and now more than ever I want this old body and feeble mind to be the sanctuary where the Holy of Holiest lives and the place where his Holy Spirit dwells.  I am so humbled and thankful for the way in which God saw us through.  I want to do so many things, change the color of my hair, cut it, get new furniture, do some improvement in the house, plant new trees, get rid of some others…

I cleaned my closet this past weekend too.  A lot of the outfits, shoes and bags I hadn’t worn in the past year were giving away.  I didn’t even have to think about it twice, for I have been ‘reborn’ and what’s the ephemeral has ever to do with real joy?  the joy that cannot be touch, but feel, the joy that gives health to your bones?

It was so freeing being able to finally part from those things that at one point in my life were not only important, but also loved and treasured.  I have been doing the same with a lot of other things in my life.  We carry so many baggage and unnecessary things; material and not material.  Negative feelings, grudges, resentment, hatreds—they weight us down and make us sick.  We need to forgive and forget, and we need to always remember that our help is in the name of the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. 

 See you soon, my friends!

 

9 comments:

  1. Carissima Cielo, sono felice si saperti salva. Dacci sempre tue notizie. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no so sorry to hear this. I am so glad you have recovered, but so sad you got the virus. I hope you were able to stay at home to recover and not go to the hospital. My son in laws grandfather passed away a couple of weeks ago from covid. It has been a terrible time. We are so sad and yet thankful we have not gotten sick ourselves. I want to stay healthy. It has been challenging to say the least working at school. I am happy you are working in the garden again! Best wishes to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that you and your husband had Covid. I hope you both are fully recovered and feeling well once again. Working out in the gardens is good therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I am glad you both feel better. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life is a precious gift! The Lord God has blessed each one of us with this beautiful sign of His love! I am so thankful you and your husband made it through this terrible time of illness. I cannot wait to see the many new things you will do this spring. I hope you will continue to write and share on your beautiful blog—it is one of my favorites. Wishing you bountiful blessings, good health, joy, and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry that you and your husband both got the virus. That is awful. Cleaning your closet and getting rid of things must have been a good feeling for you. I just did the same thing when I moved to the mountains. Only kept the things that meant a lot to me. It's a good feeling also to pull weeds and gather all the debri in our gardens and home areas. The earth teaches us many things.
    Take care, and I hope you get stronger and healthier every day. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to hear you both had Cover but so glad you are recovering. We have somehow avoided it and now have had the vaccine. Spring is putting on a show here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry to hear you all were sick! So thankful you are better. God did work another miracle! I have been following your blog for a long time and am a plant lover myself! I am wondering about that white fern behind your owl in the first, second and fourth picture. Is it real? If so, is it really white or does it just look like it in the photos? I'd love to know the name of it! The color and the way the foliage grows are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fico muto feliz por saber que vocês estão vivos e feliz por ver que você tem muitos projeto em mente! Que o Senhor lhe proteja e lhe guarde!

    ReplyDelete