Thursday, March 30, 2023

The essence of time

What is time?  Time is a flight in a night's dream.  It is the current on butterfly wings and the swift of movement on bird's wings, it is the writer's hand on the brink of nothingness and even on everything.



What I'm trying to say in human language is 'where has time gone?'  



I know I've been here. Same city, same house, same comfy chair under the Monstera tree... yet, it's been a full three years since I visited this space.  Time, it really is the swiftness in a butterfly's wings.  


And it is hard to believe that we are in the brink of another spring, for April it still seems very far away, it is still cold and dreary around here with yet more snow predicted on the forecast. My brain is telling me that time does not stop for anyone, it keeps pushing forward to whatever scheme life is to bring, but my body is tired and my skin thirsts for precious sunshine and happy days in the garden. 



So, for a longer now, I’d have to concentrate in what gives me pleasure inside—my plants. I’ll fill my house with plants, pretend I am a cat, get up on the chair and settle placidly under the desk lamp beside the chair… the cat will settle down and be serene, with a serenity that passes all understanding. And the tranquility of the cat will gradually come to affect the ‘real’ me and give my mind back the self-command it has lost. You don’t always want to believe you are a cat, you know, but again, I’d have to say that the effect of pretending being one works amazing things on your imagination… on your concentration is remarkable, very mysterious.


  
See you soon, hopefully ;)



3 comments:

  1. I am glad you posted. I wonder how you are often. Glad you are enjoying life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you a lot. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because I get many clicks from Judy Miller's blog, although she is gone, I go over and check to see who is still listed there. Your blog post had surfaced to close to the top of the list so wanted to see what you were writing about...glad I did. I agree, time is an odd thing. It keeps moving even though I feel it has stopped way back there somewhere, where all my memories are stored. Your plant photos are wonderful, and I especially love the one with Frida peeking through the leaves, just I believe she would do.

    ReplyDelete