Monday, April 10, 2023

Spring has sprung

Spring has finally sprung!  Yes, yes my friends, spring had just sprung today! Oh, sunlight, what a spiritual powerhouse you are to my soul!  

This amazing sunshine, this most beautiful brilliance encompassing our blue world—what a delight to my heart these things are!

It almost feels as if a long period of darkness had finally lifted up, finally has my soul started to waken up from this long slumber, this sunshine bathing my body in precious gold. 

This ‘awakening of the earth’ always leave me with a new blank page in my life.  A new start, a new beginning.  Sunshine always making me want to clean up the house and change things around; pushing me out to the garden and start pruning and sweeping dead leaves. 

Every dead leaf still hanging on precious rose bushes needs to be removed by hand, for when new shoots starts to form on old green branches, I would not stand the view of dead mingling with new life... 

I have done this procedure for years, and every spring is the same, although I know this practice might be worthless in the end, I still insist of doing it… the results are always very satisfying and something of beautify to the eye... new red buds on clean bare green limbs!  What hopes this brings to my soul.

It is crazy crazy delightful light bathing my heart around here, however, a few weeks ago while walking the old streets of Venice I stumbled on a pothole, fell down and fractured my left ankle on two different places.  I can only do so much outside.  So this spring we will be calling someone to help us around with our gardening chores.

I am walking with a  huge boot on my left feet, yet I can’t stop myself from working inside the house as much as I can or can't... thus I’ve been nurturing my plants, changing things here and there... 

and my room upstairs has also seen a few changes too...



My gallery wall is up again...



And my big plants are loving this sunny window as much as I do...


I love this upstairs room... it makes me happy and the good thing is, I can decorate here as my 'other' nature dictates.  And I say 'other' because I have to very different decorating styles pulling the strings of my heart.  I would not decorate like this downstairs, but in my secret place of places, I am still a gypsy at heart!



Is nice coming here again!  Glad to see you all!


 


6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your ankle. I hope it heals fast and you can get outside soon. Your house plants looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your ankle heals quickly. I'm so glad you decided to start blogging again. I always enjoy reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Cielo! How nice to hear from you again. For some reason it just ocurred to me to visit your blog today and I was pleasantly surprised with your new posts! As always, your house is looking fresh and bright. I'm sorry to hear about your ankle, I hope it heals soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yes, the boot. I have one in a back closet that I have had to wear twice in the past 10 years. Once, for a tendon problem and once for a broken foot. Neither was very serious, and three or four weeks took care of the problem. Certainly better than a cast and crutches. I have no idea how I would manage that scenario, but I guess you do what you have to do when you have to do it. Like you, I am loving the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just now I left a sentimental comment in your YouTube Account, after that I started to watch your old posts and - voila!- Cielo is back! After almost two years..... you're living and in good health ( okay ...the ankle). What a nice surprise after that long time 💖 sugar for my Soul

    ReplyDelete