Thursday, June 1, 2023

Goodbye beautiful May

...And just like that, May disappeared!





It flew away into Eternity... until another year and another season...

The roses have been slowly forming, and it seems to me as if the season has taken its time to unfold this year.  Nevertheless, shrubs are bursting with beautiful rose buds, ready to open at any day now.  Some of the pink and magenta peonies have also started to open, while the rest are still taking their time.

Perennials, such as the candytuft and yellow rock cress I planted last year have re-seeded and expanded; however they have not put flowers.  I’m disappointed at them, and I’m thinking that perhaps this most unusual behavior must has something to do with the extended winter we had and the amount of water in early March and April. 





It is a delight to be able to spend my few hours of freedom in the garden.  I cannot say that I go out and just enjoy the view, for I am always doing something, or working on something.  I cannot stop myself and I would not rest whenever I’m in the garden, for I rather be digging, or pruning, transplanting, embellishing this corner or painting flower pots.  Tiny seeds need to be hand-watered and stepping stones swept and cleaned.  Then, I can sit and admire what beauty I have created. 



I hope you are doing well, wherever you are!

 

1 comment: