Thursday, June 8, 2023

Rose season

We had been out, camping this past weekend, and what a marvelous surprise it was coming back home to a newly reborn garden!  For what a spectacular and perfect outburst of blooms it had occur during just those few days we were out…




Roses filled the space everywhere, bird tracks were left behind for me to find and rejoice, and shrubs and vines had nurtured and propagated from one day to the next; filling open spaces and fences. 

The clematis are so beautiful this year, too.  I have planted a new one at the feet of that river birch that died this winter, with the idea of leaving part of its beautiful white trunk as a stand for this new clematis to grow on.  I can hardly wait to see this happening, although I now it won’t happen this year.  Everything in the natural world takes time… time to adjust and time to grow and I must learn to wait, as I must also learn to wait on the Holy Ghost  to nurture my spirit in faith and divine graces.







In the house, I’ve been changing things around as well, for it seems that spring calls for changes inside and outside.  So I hired a painter to retouch my ‘less than a perfect painting job’ I did a few years ago in our upstairs room. 



The white walls along the stairs were in deep need of a retouching job as well, for somehow we had used the wrong sheen/paint and the disparity had been driving me crazy for way too long. 

Everything looks so pretty and clean again!  Nothing like fresh paint on walls!

I decided to also paint one of the walls in the upstairs bathroom as an accent wall.  I painted the cabinets (did the job myself), and move one of my downstairs plants to that corner by the window.  A new shower curtain, and I’m loving how this humble bathroom is looking! 


Have a beautiful June everyone!

   

2 comments:

  1. It is amazing how the roses all bloom and vines etc. It fills in everywhere and is so beautiful! Happy June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah... my reward for all the times I never gave up! I find you here again. That makes me very happy.

    ReplyDelete