Thursday, December 28, 2017

Life

Words falter, emotions recoil, like dried flowers memories gather in the eye of the heart, and they’d stay there and nurture you and heal you, until its petals start to fall off and drift off and go their own ways under the winds of sorrow… as hours and days take us farther away from her, just to bring us together again and again… 

It is still too recent too painful too suddenly to share words and let my feelings be stamped forever on these pages.  The heart is too aggrieved too, and weak and there are nights when frigid northern winds cried out loud and howl on window sills; on my brain, and the heart can’t mend itself nor sing nor rest.  It is too unexpectedly too swiftly—death always is, so I won’t talk about her, or him or me no more than what I already have. 

The day after we got back the garden surprised our souls under a white spell.  An ashen, icy world welcomed my pained heart home, and it tucked it away under the frozen landscape, under leafless trees, and snowy corners and upon every part of the lonely garden on the old house where memories of her lay buried too.  My soul swooned slowly as I walked ankle dip in snow… snow falling faintly through my universe and faintly falling, like the descent of our last end, upon all the living and dead.

I am so sorry if I sound too melancholy; too dispiriting.  There will be better days I know.  But for now, this is all I can give.















I thank you all with all my heart for the heartfelt comments you left me here.  You have no idea how your words and sentiments have helped me during these last few days.  I can't thank you enough.  I hope you all had a happy, blessed Christmas, and I wish you all the best for the upcoming new year, new beginnings, new hopes, and renewed happiness to all...

  


10 comments:

  1. I am so sorry, sweetie! I lost my Mom back in 2010 so I do understand how hard it is! It does get a little easier over time but you never get over it completely. I am praying that each day gets a little easier for you but you take all the time you need to grieve! There is no time limit, so do not let anyone make you think there is! I'm keeping you close in my prayers! God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buenas noches paso por su blog para desearle saludy paz para el proximo año espero que su tristeza se vaya mitigando un poco aunque se que es dificil deseo lo mejor para usted y los suyos mucho animo le mando desde España

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you peace and happiness in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for calmness and peace. I know the pain of loss is over whelming. Just get though one day at a time. We are all praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snow is beautiful and keeps your heart in a frozen state to ease the pain.
    In my experience time eases the pain and then a sound, sight or smell will bring it all back like it just happened. There is no time limit on grief. I still talk to my mom in my mind and believe she hears me. You are not alone my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Cielo ~ please don't feel like you have to "give" us anything. First and foremost, you take care of yourself. Grief is a long, painful journey and you can only take things day by day. If even that's too much, then hour by hour. My heart goes out to you. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Cielo you always touch my heart & my heart breaks for you at the loss of your mom. I lost my sweet mom just over a year ago & the sadness will be with me forever.....sending you warm hugs & prayers.

    ReplyDelete