Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Life

The month of August should had started right, but it didn’t, and the relentless heat of end of summer is a dark butterfly with a demon name—Acheron.  My feet walk on mud, my heart has been entombed—confined to fear and disquiet-ness of the soul. But we’re fine.  All is well.


The night before we left on our Florida vacation I went for a late walk around the neighborhood. Pastry-goodness evening fragrances, burnt orange skies at the dying of day; when the last light shines faintly over a terracotta color world for just a few moments, before turning from dark pink to cerulean black to the darkest black. 

It was a different kind of a walk; infrequent and wonderful and full of those mysterious graces, hardly ever felt on a typical daylight walk.  My soul felt delimited by a strange sense of peacefulness, as silence gently unfolded upon the world.  Not a sound, not a bird to coo the night away.  The streets, emptied of mundane sounds and people felt warm and cozy under the end of July summer breezes.  Until all of a sudden, it felt as if I was walking on sacred ground and I could see, or sense, the presence of angels all around on soaring wings… angels hovering above our quieted neighborhood, above softly illuminated houses and above my head in a hush of glory and supervision of the mortals…

Two days later, on the second day of August, my long-life friend, companion and my dear Fisherman suffered a heart attack as we were driving the Florida roads to meet my sister and her husband. We barely made it on time to save his life; and it could had not been a more providential episode as my sister, who works on the medical field knew exactly what to do, the hospital only minutes away, he was lifted by helicopter to the nearer heart hospital where amazing doctors were already waiting for him.  “A widow-maker”, they said it was, but he had angels all around him, and miraculously, even his heart didn’t suffer much.  He’s on the way to mending himself to health and a better way of life through diet and medical care.  We are home.  We rest in the knowledge and faith that we dwell in the shelter of the Most High and rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  I’ve been living some stressful times for a while now, but the LORD is our refuge and fortress, and in whom I trust.

Always good to see you around friend!

Blessed be!








15 comments:

  1. How good your dear Fisherman was protected and is recovering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Heart goes out to you and sending prayers. Your Husband was so lucky to have you and your sister near him to know what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cielo, I am glad your sister and the medical team were able to help your husband. How awfully scary and terrifying for you both. May God heal him and protect you both. Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. So thankful that he is ok. Your post made me think of the verse that says "He will give his angels charge over you."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, how scary!! I am so thankful he is ok!! Prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I'm so glad that he is okay. Prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so glad to hear he is o.k. Prayers for a speedy recovery. I am sure it was very difficult for everyone. You were all so blessed everyone was near by to help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad he is okay! Prayers and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my dear Cielo! I am so relieved he is okay! Beautiful, fragile, precious life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cielo, my prayers are for you and your fisherman. This will be a life changer. It was for us. Please keep us informed on his progress. You take care of yourself, so you can take care of him! (((HUGS))) -Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a shock...

    So sorry it happened, but glad that all went well. And especially glad, that now, he will be able, to make whatever changes are needed. As you said... Able to follow wise advice, back to health.

    A second lease on life!!!

    Stressful for all. For sure.

    Now, along with your gardening, you will be researching, concerning the best way to proceed, after a heart attack. The best diet and the best exercise. Because, it isn't as simple, as just listening to doctors.

    Heath advice, has changed over time. Remember when butter was bad? And margerine was good? Not true! And when we were advised to not eat eggs? And now, they are good for us. We just can't rest in what we are told, by so-called *experts.*

    Many gentle hugs, to both of you....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! This takes me back, 8 years, my Fred and I on our way to the Outer Banks where we had rented a cottage, right on the beach. He didn't feel well--that pain in his chest that one doctor two months ago had told him was just a muscle spasm.
    The helicopter whisked him away and I drove through the black night to a hospital I had no idea where it was locate. Then in through doors and I asked and asked and no one knew where my Fred was, or even if he was there, or even it he was alive.
    Hours and then I asked again and someone tried harder this time to find him and directed me 6 floors up to the heart floor and there he was. The cardiologist said, "Nothing we can do." The cardiac surgeon said, "I think I can help," and 8 hours later I got to finally be at his side in the CICU. The next year we made that trip. same cottage, right on the sandy beach, high tide came in under the stilts holding up our balcony. Oh, what a lovely 10 days we had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear Judy, what a story. It brought tears to my eyes just imagine what you went through... I know well too well the fear, the uncertainties... and I thank you for sharing this with me...


      Hugs

      Cielo

      Delete
  13. Oh, Cielo...I am so sorry to hear this news. How scary!! I hope and pray that your husband is doing well now and is on the path to continued good health. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am late seeing this Cielo but I want to you to know that you are both in my prayers. Praying for a complete recovery! I read ahead a little and am so glad that he is doing well now. So glad, as this could have not turned out well. My husband went through some serious medical stuff in 2016 (two types of cancer but is recovered now). It really changes how we view things and how much we must treasure every moment with these dear life partners of ours. Sending hugs too!

    ReplyDelete