Thursday, October 4, 2018

Rain

October 4—rain, delightful rainy day.  A pitter-patter on my windows all day long, and all throughout the day the sky remained ashen and the earth leaden with a hushed, nostalgic feeling.  I stepped outside, and all of a sudden, fall arrived at my front porch…

 
Rain fell, leaves swirled and the wind sung the song of autumns...





And it seemed like it was only yesterday when the house got painted in June, and the sun was shining and the weather was sweet and yellow butterflies looked like flowers flying through the warm air.   



Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale.


And how fast everything came and went this year, how quickly life strolled through my hours making new memories, and leaving me so full of questions to ponder about, to stretch out my arms to the heavens in thankfulness and in an earnest desire to leave a trace of wings in the air… 



1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful photos that tell the story of fall. Love all the color and the rain. I love a good rain storm, the way is smells before it rains and the way it sounds as it's raining. Such a lovely post!
    Have a good weekend!
    Saimi

    ReplyDelete