Monday, January 28, 2019

Spring days?

Early mornings are so beautiful and precious to me...

 
My heart feels aglow with the sky, my lips whisper words of equal simplicity to the sweet morning air, and the little clouds like pink feathers are the crown in which my soul proclaims itself free—a cheerful invitation to make my life innocent and true and everything that’s good again.


And it seems to me too that, perhaps Old Winter is ready to part… already?   Oh, I so wish!  But it happens that the last couple of days or so have been so sunny and clear, that I want to believe we're bound for an early spring... like spring in February!  It was so sunny and warm this past Friday, in fact, that people were stepping outside their homes without having to wear their big thick coats, birds in the garden and their friends, Mr. and Mrs. Squirrel were seen everywhere, happily playing around from branch to branch and from tree to tree...


Then, we went to Edwards, and I ordered a Boscobel rose, and an Abraham Darby too!


Rosa ‘Boscobel’, is a bushy shrub rose with red buds opening to large, salmon-pink flowers throughout summer. Blooms have a pretty myrrh fragrance with hints of elderflower, pear and almond. Rosa ‘Boscobel’ was named after the wood in Shropshire where King Charles II hid from Cromwell’s soldiers during the Civil War.


And an Abraham Darby rose… what can I say!  I’ve been in love with this rose ever since I can remember.  And I will finally have one in my garden this year!


I’m so excited for spring!


This joy has kept me daydreaming a lot lately, making plans for the garden, about what I want to see there this year and what need to be done there to make my dreams come true, about being bronzed and molded by balmy breezes, warmth and sunshine, maddening, gladdening every one with a gypsy beauty full and fine!  And well, it does the soul good to dream!  So alas, let's make our world a better world to live by dreaming, and then by going out to plant beauty! 





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Cielo. The ABraham Darby rose has always been a favorite of mine and it broke my heart when the owners of one of our homes let all the roses die from neglect. I hope to have one in the new home we will be finding soon. I don't remember...what area of the country are you in? I know you moved back to your old home-but just not sure what state you are in. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't comment on the new Gypsy Caravan, so just wanted to send out a "Yay!" I was secretly hoping the whole time I read through that beautiful remembrance post that you were going to say you'd bought a new one! Hugs and wishes for many happy travels.

    ReplyDelete