Wednesday, September 18, 2019

A taste of fall


We are definitely standing at the door of another season—a change is felt in the air, and around here, I am sure we have already entered ‘that door’ and now we are standing in the antechamber of that season of cozy sweaters and leaves the color of pumpkins and cinnamon, cardamom and maple syrup. 

Sweaters in the morning and sunshine in the afternoon.  The garden greets magical beings at midday when the doves come down to drink from fountains and birdbaths and my soul soars over pink roses and dream of beds of petals…    





On days like these I like to think of pretty things… like pretty perfume labels and thin white cotton fabric or pale pink roses and French sugar bowls and fireflies in the field and the smell of maple syrup.  And today it rained all day… a tick-tack-tock of a rain a pitter patter on the window pane and the sky turned into a murky dove.  Rain touches my soul.  Rain makes me go around wanting to change things around… Every new season, every rainy day the feelings are the same.  I want to bake, redecorate, renovate, transform and change the colors in my house. 




I collected some dahlias from the garden the other day, and made a bouquet to adorn a corner of my kitchen.  




I wanted a fresh fragrant bouquet in the blue table by the window where roses slumber and, sometimes climb to bed with us too, so I run to the veggie garden, cut a tomato branch and placed it in a pretty pink vase.  Now, our room has the scent of fresh, fragrant tomato leaves.




I bought two more houseplants yesterday, and repot some of my old planters. In view of the colder days ahead, all the blue and white ceramic pots were brought inside too.





Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~ George Eliot



1 comment:

  1. Lindas fotos, lindas flores e ambientes acolhedores foi o que por aqui vi. Cumprimentos.

    ReplyDelete