Monday, October 14, 2019

Cloud-heart

It’s been known that girls who spend a lot of time in the clouds possesses some sort of a special magic within themselves… and you know how it goes—you can see clouds a thousand miles away, you can hear ancient music in the pines, and sometimes, you can even walk around with the cutest little dragon sitting on your shoulder. Of course, don’t ever let him sit there for more than the necessary you know... for who knows, he may decide to crap all down your back… just saying!  

If you ask me though, this too could make life even more interesting!  If nothing else, it would certainly give it an added dimension to your magic and so on… and thus, clouds suit my spirit just fine.   


And it happened... the other day this past October 11th.  For the very first time ever in all of the birthdays I have ever had in my entire life, I got to literally speaking sit on clouds… literally!

You see, we were flying back home from a lovely vacation in Spain, which it happened to be on my birthday. And what a magical gift that was!  I sat by the little window side of our airplane, and for a  magical moment I flew out though it to the outside—high, high into the sky where clouds traveling across the skies lifted me up, and tossed me around from one to another, hiding me among themselves as they scattered light and painted the sky in varied colors. Dreams, illusions, and mystery, inspiration, high spirits, and height. It is interesting how clouds can represent so many different emotions or states of mind.

It was cold, dark and very late when we got home, but the minute the new sun came up the following morning scattering wonderful magical golden rays all over my little world, my heart knew what to do… 


Ah the sun… the new sun kissing window panes and showering life with new blessings and expectations, shifting despair and bringing hope and optimism.  I opened my eyes, and went outside… to the garden, to greet it to worship it to drink in all the late glories I had missed there…

What I found there left me speechless.  Autumn had moved in and it had made the garden yellow and crimson and each leaf in the vines had turned to paper ash. 


Grapes are over ripe, vines covering fences and walls have been stripped out of their glories; now exposing wine-colored veins and pods and berries the color of purple plums. 


But the real magic rested in the roses…. Frozen in time as they seem to be.


They had all dried to thin paper right on the bush… as silent ghosts from eras gone by, still standing in all its glories... for  me to see and be amazed over them.  What a magical, magical sight they posed under the new morning sun...



I kept walking and kept marveling; crushing leaves under my feet as my heart fluttered above and around like a little white butterfly...



Then, I hurried on to make some bouquets with them...


No need to dry them at this point. Nature had already done the work for me!  I will still have roses during our winter and I will still keep the magic growing in my cloud-heart.


If you are a dreamer, I can tell you with certainty that the sky knows the reasons and the patterns behind all clouds, and that if you lift yourself high enough to see beyond horizons, untold secrets will be revealed to you too.   

I love how Wilfred Peterson puts it: Walk with the dreamers, the believers, the courageous, the cheerful, the planners, the doers, the successful people with their heads in the clouds and their feet on the ground. Let their spirit ignite a fire within you to leave this world better than when you found it. Don't ever be afraid of dreaming!



No comments:

Post a Comment