Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Life...

Do you make your bed in the morning? I use to...
until a few weeks ago...


You see, it's dark when I leave for work every morning, and it is already dark when I come back. I don’t get to see our home during daylight any more, and only get to enjoy our home for just those few hours before I go to bed and wake up to start again with the same routine the following morning.  Thus, our bed doesn’t get to be this pretty any more.  It only gets ‘fluffed up’ every morning... it is our routine now.  


I work 10-hour shifts during my weekdays, and only take ½ hour lunch. These are very long hours and very long shorter days I'm living.  But this schedule it also contributes to my Fridays off.  And thus, Fridays are an expression of freedom and goodness and of been able to see my home again and get to spend time in it…


It is such an amazing feeling, such joy to be able to do such simple, familiar chores again, like making our bed in the morning and see our lovely home during day hours.

Fridays are now also the days to do everything we can’t do during our long weekdays, such as bathroom cleaning, floor cleaning, washing and folding clothes, cooking, shopping for food and work on the garden. This past Friday we accomplished so much! Our bathrooms are now clean, our floors shinning and even the garden got a few hours of cleaning up.


I pruned most of the roses and got done with most of the perennials; cutting them down to the ground and cleaning flowerbeds, while the Fisherman helped with racking and picking up leaves… which were a lot!


The garden looks a little neater now; a little tidier, and although its floors are still covered in leaves, those are staying to serve as a protecting bed during our cold winter days.  


This is the time to work on tying up vines and ramblers too, but I just don’t have neither the energy nor the desire to do so, and I’m afraid we’ll just have to wait and see what would I do about it comes spring again.


The other side of the garden still needs work
Roses are frozen in time...


and frogs and other friends sleep under beds of fallen leaves...


My life had changed again. Or it is changing.  It was my own insecurities and indecisions what caused this change and made me go back to a full-time job, but I have made peace with myself and feel confident I will survive this time.  At least I am not feeling miserable at my work, as it had been the case before.  Hours go by fast, and as I learn new complicated programs and get used to my new environment, I feel happy. What a nice difference from my last job at the courthouse in our little southern town this is!  A more civilized ambient I should say.  A more friendly oriented-less gossipy atmosphere, and one that it is truly letting me be me without the ‘people’ pressure, so I can work in peace.  So, although it may be long hours, my soul is at ease.  I will survive. 


No comments:

Post a Comment