Thursday, July 2, 2020

Life

I have continued pruning things down in the garden… and as it is, this had been already my third hard pruning for what it goes of the year. 


Things are growing so fast around here this year, that I barely find time to keep this garden somewhat tamed.  If I leave thing be, it’d be a jungle for sure. 

What I want is for those four young trees growing along the back fence to speed up already and cover that two-story house across from ours. I know this is a lot of ‘nature’ to have in such a small backyard, and I have already filled this space to the top, so to have added those extra trees was kind of the wrong thing to do… people say it's going to cost me; for nobody would want to buy our house later... but, it is what it is, and I am still alive and living here.  So those ‘future’ buyers, and owners of this house and garden would have to deal with it if they want it.  That’s it.




I'm spending my free days collecting roses
and making bouquets






The momma mourning dove that was living in the grapevines under our back porch has finally abandoned her nest.  I still have to check whether she might had taken her precious eggs with her or if, perhaps she may had abandoned her brood as well. 

Robins are making of the garden a huge nest... they’re everywhere making their tiny homes, and flying low and fast from one end to the other in such hurry that one has to wonder what they are up to.

It is a busy place these days; the garden is.  Things are growing like mad, and birds believe this is their home and have taken over, flying low and fast throughout the garden.  A couple of them--tiny ones with a dark chest have moved in too, and they love to drink from one of the fountains in particular.  I love seeing them here.  They remind me of little jewels.

I have lost every photograph I had on file of this year, 2020.  Everything from January down to June.  Files cannot be recovered, and it is as if all these past months had never existed or were lost in the same unfathomable abyss, where things and people had been lost forever; without the possibility of being rescued.  It was meant to be.  Thinking that way releases some of the anxiety losing all those files had provoked. —it’s part of the scheme of this year’s unfeasible times.  So, I’m done with that.



2 comments:

  1. Sorry you lost your files but as you say it is better to let things go. I have come to this very conclusion today! In these strange times our gardens have been soothing our souls. Your roses look beautifulx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have created an oasis that even the birds want to be a part of. Sorry to hear about your lost files.

    ReplyDelete