Sunday, August 15, 2021

Summer reveries

Summer is winding down... although it is still pretty much considered summer by human standards, I know it is winding down already.  I can feel it in my bones and in the song the heart sings, by this time every August.

There is something of the marvelous, something of the 'unknown' lingering in the hot air, and I walk barefooted on soft, wet grasses and know it in my heart, that time is done.


Pretty soon I will have to start bringing things in... 


In fact, I have already started pulling out some of the houseplants I had transferred into the garden at the beginning of the spring, to get them acclimatized to the indoors again..




Soon, I'd have to pull out all the Elephant Ear bulbs and beautiful giant Cannas and put them to sleep for months to come...



I'd have to work extra hard to keep my Mandeville plant alive during the cold months

...and we won't have our Sundays breakfast or weekend dinners out here any longer...




I know I know, I'm getting ahead of time and ahead of me, but that's pretty much how things are around here every year round this time...

...time flights, hours, days, months melt away with the last heat of August

and again, I'd have to play inside and just be happy inside...


Which I'll be... I will be very happy here.  As long as I can be surrounded by a few (or a lot) green plants, I will be happy.  For now, I will continue enjoying the roses in the garden... because I have a lot of roses in the garden right now...


White roses, cream colored roses, pink roses, red roses...





I love to look at our downstairs bedroom from this view behind the Collette roses in the rotunda...

The Collette roses are done by now, but this is an amazing view in early spring when they are in full bloom...


Oh, today, I worked on a new project in the house... I converted an old mural into two side by side  canvas... and I'm so happy how they turned out!

OK, now that I am showing you the pics, I think I want them closer to each other...

what do you all think?



Have a blessed week friends!

5 comments:

  1. I love Fall. So excited for my roses to put on one last show. Your roses are beautiful. I took a few plants outside for summer and will have to decide if I want them inside anymore or not. I wasn't sure when I took them outdoors. They might go in the plant shed instead. Your murial is pretty. I like it and you could move it closer if you wanted. I hope you are doing well! Enjoy your end of summer flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful murals! I would move them closer and then see what you think. I planted two double knockout roses this summer. It was so hot here but my husband fed them and they did well. I copied a couple of things you did by adding more plants to our patio and hung ferns to help with privacy. I admire your talent with creating beautiful, soul soothing gardens. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so Lush and beautiful. I wish I was blessed with your green thumb. I love summer, but I am looking forward to cooler days. I've had enough of hot and humid 90 degree days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get Best Buyer leads for real estate agents By Pingcall websites.
    Wondering how to get Buyer leads for real estate agents without spending a dime? Contact Pingcall for an effortless and data-driven lead generation program for high-quality leads in your funnel. Pingcall has served different types of businesses from B2B to D2C and helped them attract leads that transitioned into customers within minutes. A highly efficient team of professional marketers, data logistics, and the best tools and resources are in line to expand your growth prospects. We have researched every industry thoroughly to get the best leads from high-value chains. Our clients come from different walks of investment and have been reaping the fruits of the trust they put in our services. Looking for prospects who are interested in your business? Visit the best real estate lead generation website today!
    So for more call us@+1-(855) 239-7670 or visit at website:http://www.pingcall.com/
    location 31W 34th Street, New York, NY 10001
    Contact No:+1-(855) 239-7670
    Email Id: emailhelp@pingcall.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Use Pingcall to buy auto insurance leads that catalyze your growth

    According to statistics, the highest-earning insurance agents exceeded the $100000 income threshold in the last year. The insurance industry saw a major boom post-pandemic with consumer sentiment in favor of health and auto insurance. Yet, breaking through is a major struggle for fresh insurance agents. The amount of insurance providers is rising but so is the level of dissatisfaction from the policyholders' side. Below are the reasons why lead generation is not as difficult as it may sound for a fresh agent. The reason why independent insurance agents find it difficult to generate Buy auto insurance leads is the time investment required to establish credibility. Insurance agents fear the unobstructed access of the userbase that websites bring to large insurance companies. A carefully crafted business website helps improve customer experience and establishes a direct link.So for more call us@+1-(855) 239-7670 or visit at website:http://www.pingcall.com/
    location 31W 34th Street, New York, NY 10001
    Contact No:+1-(855) 239-7670
    Email Id: emailhelp@pingcall.com

    ReplyDelete