Monday, February 19, 2018

Dear Diary...

The warm spell we had a few weeks ago is gone, and again the land has been immersed in deep, deep cold.  We had a flurry of a snow yesterday, which means that a gust of cold flew by our little world, and it brought in a light burst of snow that lasted all day and which means that I haven’t been able to go outside for the last two weeks and the work I'd started in the garden has come to a complete stop.   All I can do now is look outside the window and wish, and dream and dream and wish away my days in flowers.


 Days ago, when I was working in the garden I uncovered from the ground yet another little treasure—my friend Mr. Theo here!  

Oh, it was such a nice discovery!  I had forgotten all about him to the point that I didn’t even noticed I was leaving him behind when we moved south… he must had fallen off the top of the stone where he used to live, and I never noticed it back then… as the years went by, he got buried away in the ground, and now it was almost a little miracle finding him!  He has lost all his beautiful colors from his lovely green skin; must probably, by not having been eating properly, but I will make sure he gets his beautiful green colors back again on his cheeks real soon…


My husband the fisherman bought himself a new truck on his birthday the other day… you know, one of those humongous manly truck, meant only for boys.  But of course, it really is my truck… really!  That's what he says!  

You see, I was going to need a new car soon, because mine was very old, and had many many miles on it, and it had started giving me problems... so then on his birthday the other day, the Fisherman went out and got 'me' that monster!  

His reasoning was that because I had always loved my old Ford-explorer-sport-trac, I needed something better this time!  So he upgraded it!  With that monster of a truck!  I know that he secretly bought it for himself, of course, but he still swears it is mine!  But don't tell him I know that Ok, cause you know what... I'm loving it too!  Yes!  I am learning how to handle myself properly like a true lady riding a monster, and I think I’m doing pretty good thus far!

I’m trying out all the pretty fabrics that my bloggy reader-friend Barbara send me, and this week the sofa in my little bohemian-gypsy room is wearing the lovely peacock fabric with glitter all over it…  it looks so pretty!





 My magical tree is still looking splendid!


A foretaste of spring inside my very own home for sure!

If you haven't read it yet, you can read the story of how magical this tree truly is 

on my previous post! 


The long weekend is almost over and the Fisherman will have to go back to the office to his regular 7 to 6 schedule. Ugh, we miss all that time we used to have in our hands, but he’s happier here, and we had a splendid weekend, going to different coffee places in the very early morning for breakfast, visiting quaint old neighborhoods in downtown and spending time at Barnes and Noble with a cup of coffee and some great books, just as we used to do years ago.






 I do hope you too had a lovely long weekend, my friend! 


5 comments:

  1. I am happy you found your little Mr. Theo! That is so fun! We moved into our home 27 years ago. We have just over wooded 2 acres. (very similar to your last home) One of the first things I unEarthed was a little HotWheel car. I washed it off and saved it. I have saved all of the treasures I find. I have little cars, small tractors, and some of the most beautiful quartz rocks. Keep working in that yard. You may find even more treasures!
    I am glad you are working and planning a new lovely garden. You made a paradise in your last yard in record time! Love you! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh Sandy, I so love reading other's little stories, just like the one you left me here! So fun, so ready for spring, so anxious to live again. Thank you for sharing this with me.

      Cielo

      Delete
    2. so anxious to live again....that says so much. Keep working in your garden. It, too, will live again!
      As will you. :-)

      Delete
  2. Hey, girlie! I am super glad to see Mr.Theo! That's a sign for sure!

    I looked it up in magical terms: "As a predominantly night creature Frog has strong ties to the moon. This creature's songs bring in the rain, and work his special magic. It is a joyous celebration of earth's nurturing, cleansing and renewal. Let Frog help you find your soul song. In nature Frogs are harbingers of spring.
    Frog Symbolism & Meaning | Spirit, Totem, & Power Animal"

    ReplyDelete