Wednesday, February 21, 2018

The girl in the painting

For some inexplicable reason, I love original portrait paintings, those odd ones, painted by unknown artists… particularly fun is to hunt for them in thrift stores and second-hand shops… I’m always on the look for them…  if you get lucky, you’ll always find some of the best bohemian looking portrait paintings ever.    

On President’s day, this past Monday our local Goodwill had a 50% sale going all throughout the entire store… everything 50% off.  That’s when I went by, and discovered this beauty!


I was super lucky to have found her! 
And only for $3


I always love to give my newly found treasures a name, and always look for it on the back of the paintings, in case it already came with one.  Like with my lovely Judith here…


 She came with her name on the back of the canvas…


She's a large painting, and I just love her!


She looked perfect in our little aqua and white kitchen at our little white cottage 


This particular canvas I just found was enclosed in some sorts of a removable wood frame… pretty, but I like the simpler canvas look better.  So, I removed the canvas from the frame, and that’s when I found the name of the girl in the painting, although... it could be the painter’s name?  I duno!  Would you help me figure it out!

Is it Jenn Blue?  Jean Elle?  Jeane Lue? Jeane Blue?  I wish I be a graphologist so I can figure this one out!  What do you all think?


 Here it is in another light!


Although the portrait is a little bit dark for my taste, and I would have preferred some livelier colors instead, I think she’s still beautiful, and it goes perfect in my gypsy room!




I don’t know why the painter chose to add the dripping paint along neck and arms, and the rather creepy dark spot on that one side of the neck… as if suggesting a gash? or a horrible wound?  Or maybe it was just the intention of a bad painter?  Maybe?  Is she supposed to be a sad girl?  Then maybe her name should really be Jeane Blue?  Nay, it is Jennelle me thinks, and she’s a nostalgic, but beautiful gypsy girl!


Leave your comments!


11 comments:

  1. I am guessing Jennelle too. Very dramatic(-: I like her and she looks great in your room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cielo I am back after so long and much sickness also yet more dear ones gone I say it is because I am older But some have been young we had 2 earthquakes here in the UK
    Why should we be so proud as to thin we should escape as the rest of the word is in travail How I loved GARDENING alas not possible
    For me these UNINVITED guests turn up at every corner.
    Enoug of me
    Al I can abolish is my writing
    I manage Theft shop finds
    But have been taking much the God will
    Yes it was terrible for your mother
    I believe the many times you are changing the Gypsy setee is a process of grieving I know you arrange much but this is different
    Dear Soul as the Deer pants for the water so my soul runs after you
    You alone are my hears desire and I long to worship you
    I only have a small phone now so is difficult as I can no longer use a computer or tablet
    I will come by again when health allows and see your graceful beauty
    And loving care and gratitude with every blessing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Freydis... so good to see you again! Glad you're doing good.

      Be blessed!

      Cielo

      Delete
  3. Forgive my spelling mistakes not easy in small box in little phone accomplish is one
    Shalom His Peace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonitos tus cuadros Cielo lucen estupendos en tu casa y que suerte conseguirlos a buen precio. Besos desde EspaƱa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think, by all my years as an English teacher readung allsorts of handwriting,it is Jeanelle... Lovely. Not sure either about the meaning behind the gashy drips.... Artsy I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow... so sorry about spell check or whatever... *reading all sorts of handwriting, it is...*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... so sorry about spell check or whatever... *reading all sorts of handwriting, it is...* and *Jennelle...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I see what you mean about a little creepy ;) I think it is Jennelle also. I like her....so unique. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like her. And thank you for letting me know... that confirms I should keep her.

      Cielo

      Delete