Tuesday, February 27, 2018

That old garden in the roses

Saturday, February 24—more snow.  We woke up to more snow… it all started with a light dust of snow that as the day progressed, it quickly turned into some big puffs that soon covered every inch of ground in our little world.

And it snowed all-day-long.  Plunging temperatures. Blustery winds. Pitch darkness by 6 p.m. The polar bear is definitely not my spirit animal.  My heart is full of summer dreams, and I’m fancying warm southern days and pyramids of tall green trees.  And there’s a garden in my dreams I’ve already seen.  I remember this and this and this…





And I remember this too...


 

Would I see all this again?  Are all these glories I see in these old photographs still here?  Could it be possible?  Because all I see now in my garden is emptiness, and white white white... nothing else.  No flowers, no bushes, no petals.  I can hardly believe I once had all that beauty contained in my very own backyard… what would I be seeing here this spring and summer will be a total surprise.  I just don't know.  Would all those roses of yesterday come back again this year?—to greet me back home, to enchant my heart again with petal dreams, and pastel shades of pinks?   I can only wait, and hope. 



8 comments:

  1. I hope you have many beautiful blooms this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find all the best nurseries, and a Lowes, and Home Depot. Then MIRACLE GROW EVERYTHING!
    I've seen your magic. I wish you could come and work your magic in MY yard! Think what you did in just a short time in the gardens of the little white cottage. This yard you are in now needs you to revive it and add more greatness! And so it shall be... I know you can do this. Hugs and Fairy Sprinkles, Love, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you will make it even more beautiful than it ever was.
    :))
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no doubt your garden is now bursting with excitement. She knows she will soon be beautiful again! Her heart is happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will have to add again, I'm sure. But some of the roses may still be able to come back.

    For now, just think of all the white, as a blank 'canvas'. Patiently waiting for you, the artist, to pick up your 'brushes,' and paint it, with a lovely new selection of flowers and flowering bushes.

    Do you have all your plans in place? Do you have sketches of where-you-want-this, and where-you-want-that? Can you picture early bloomers 'here' and mid summer bloomers 'there'...? And then, the places for late bloomers?

    Better get out your 'paints' and 'pencils'... Spring is coming fast! Even though it doesn't look that way, today. But it is! It is! Hurry with your plans!! -smile-

    Gentle gardening hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful your summer garden was, and will be again:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting to see what familiar plants come up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Animo Cielo la primavera esta al llegar y tu jardin resurgira estoy segura que se pondra divino besos desde EspaƱa

    ReplyDelete