Saturday, April 21, 2018

My little heaven on earth

Lovely, lovely, glorious April morning.  The irrigation system is on, and because we never had the chance of closing down the sprinklers this past fall when we moved back, they were on, and thus the garden woke up this morning bathed in wonderful glittering little water-stars that shone and twinkled touched by the first marvelous yellow sun of this wonderful morning.




The crabapple tree is in its full blossoming of glories and it has covered the two-story house on the back almost in its entirely gifting us with shade and much appreciated privacy.  I love this tree.  My heart is full of praises and thankfulness for all the wonders and glories of creation.


The garden has woken up wrapped in their own small glories too.  And it’s been filling up with young, green leaves and crimson blossoms everywhere.  We worked so hard yesterday fixing things around, and painting.  I added more soil to the entire garden—10 bags in total, and finished the side alley, which is the pathway to the entrance of the garden with beautiful pea pebble and hostas, that I decided to keep in pots this time.  The Virginia Creeper is bursting with tiny buds of blooms, and under it is the small tiled table and newly pink painted chairs, where I’m putting all my small cactuses, and all I can find to embellish that corner.





I also planted a healthy, fat Knockout rose in the middle of the garden, that I’m hoping it will fill the space with abundant red blossoms.  The furniture is all painted too, except for the old baker’s rack, which I’m planning on embellishing with new paint and adhesive paper and later use as a plant holder and a place where to keep some of my gardening stuff. A red Mandeville climber is now part of my new collection of potted plants.  We’re staining the back-porch floors soon, and later after the exterior of the house gets painted, it will be new patio furniture and lots of more flower pots.  



My little sacred space is returning to its previous glories, and it is again turning into a place where my soul finds its comfort and my feet its pleasures.  How fortunate I am to have this garden back into my life... to be able to come back to it again and claim it mine again.  How fortunate, and happy I am.






I give all the glory to God. It's kind of a win win situation. The glory goes up to Him, and all the blessings fall down on me!

Hope you're all having a marvelous spring day my friends!









9 comments:

  1. Me encanta tu jardin esta quedando precioso y esas sillas rosas son geniales precipso rincon para hacer un alto en el camino besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is all looking so beautiful just like you imagined it would. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my yes! You have done it, my friend! The yard is just lovely! Wish I were there to walk through and admire it all. I LOVE that your crabapple tree has given you a better view! It is all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy... finally spring around here! Although mornings are still cold, and days windy.... but lovely late afternoons!

      Hugs

      Cielo

      Delete
  4. Everything is starting to bloom and look so beautiful! It was worth all the work. I can't wait to see it in the summer when it will be all filled out!

    ReplyDelete