Monday, April 17, 2023

Spring cleaning

Donaldo and his boys showed up early this Sunday to help with the chores in the garden.  In just a few hours and $100 less in my pocket, they were done.  I am thankful for their help and thankful for being able to afford such a commodity… however, sadly I’d have to say that the job wasn’t well done, or at least not what I had expected or wanted to see.  

The dead ornamental grass stalks, the spent perennial stems, and all the autumn leaves collected along the fence and under rose bushes were left intact… which means, I had to do the job myself. 

As the days get warmer, there will be more and more gardening chores to do:  The painting, cleaning  and refurbishing of furniture, floors, water fountains and flower pots.  I have decided that this year I am finally going to be discarding all ragged or broken garden ornament and statuary that are no longer looking good. 

I have so many ideas of I want to do and see this year in the garden...  For example, I'd love to see some kind of protection from the sun or shades for the uncovered porch.... and I'm thinking that these ideas below are just fantastic! 


I think we can do something like this on both ends of the porch

In the mean time, inside the house I have been bringing in more plants—an inevitable hobby of my heart, this love affair with houseplants is; I should say.  But, something that makes me infinitely happy.  



Plants, soil, water and sun are in my genes. I got my love of the outdoors and gardening from my father’s Canarian gene pool of farmers and lovers of the earth.

To make everything in the room revolved around the colors on walls, I bought a bedskirt for the bed and a marigold yellow bedspread that I’m loving.  Yellow is such a pretty, happy color and I’m loving how my bedroom is looking these days… 

These eclectic mixture of colors, plants and pretty pictures on walls make me so happy...


I hope you are all doing great!

 

2 comments:

  1. It is nice you had some help even though it wasn't exactally what you wanted. I love your plant hanger with the crystals. Did you buy that or make it? Everything looks lovely in your room! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindee, I found this cute little crystal chandi at a thrift store, last week. Instead of adding a candle, I just put a plant in it. I love it too ;)

    ReplyDelete