Thursday, August 3, 2023

August

I can hardly believe we are already walking through the pathways of August.  August is drinking in the sun and, the white Oriental Lilies are again spreading across the little garden where memories of yesterdays had lay down to sleep.

I know now that August is like the heron, who can only croak and wishes he could sing.  This is how it has been, and this is how it is this year:  Hot hot hot. 

I barely spend time in the garden any more.  Not like I used to.  This is because, in a way, I work long hours and when I get home in the evenings, I don’t want to do anything…  I do go out  to the garden each evening and do my usual rounds and salute my roses and little garden friends… then is in, until the following morning.

I find myself loving my indoors plants and enjoying caring for them more than I like spending time outside, as the years go by I find myself a different person.  Everything changes with the passing of time—your body changes, your mind changes, your thoughts and your likes and dislikes, and when you realize it, you are a totally different person all together. 

Hot as it’s been in this high desert, however, I am already regretting the departing of summer; already thinking of the vanishing of yellow black-eyed Susan’s and watermelon in the afternoons.  












1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it is August. Time has really flew by this summer. Soon I will be back at school for another school year. I to love my house plants. I love the garden too, but it is so hot here in the summer it is hard to stay up on everything. I hope you have a lovely August!

    ReplyDelete