Saturday, May 26, 2018

Of peonies and roses...

Last Thursday, all the peonies opened up in a one same hour… I wanted to collect a big bouquet of them to bring in, but my heart said ‘leave’ them—let them be where they are’, and thus I’m enjoying seeing them on their bushes; all smiles and filling up the garden in joyful pink dots… dark pinks and the faintest pale pinks. The ones in dark pinks may be two different variety; one plumed up with petals and a cupped, larger florets than its sister--this one with less petals and a beautiful yellow center. 





 Then on Saturday... I couldn't resist!



It was windy, and some of the beautiful peonies were knocked down to the floor under their weight... a wonderful excuse for me to finally cut them and make that bouquet I was dreaming of...



The garden looks so beautiful...
I am dancing in my skin!


 Fairies are happy too!


The other day, I caught one near the reflecting pool wearing flowers on her hair!


The human soul is hungry for beauty; we seek it everywhere - in landscape, music, art, clothes, furniture, gardening, companionship, love, religion, and in ourselves. When we experience the beautiful, there is a sense of homecoming.


I miss the frogs and spring peepers of my southern little cottage; miss their courtship songs and green responses at the onset of night, but I cannot complain. I'm finding my own special magic in this flower filled garden of our high desert… the other day I saw a round, black cat wandering the gardens.  I’d seen him here before in the winter garden, looking after the birds… and how nice the vision of it every time he visits; how very plump and happy he looks. Free to roam wherever he pleases like those feral of my yesterdays, but still loved and well cared for.


Happy yellow Columbines are showing up everywhere too!


Like some wispy fairies they dance on the wings of the faintest winds...



I have finally found a painter that has agreed to paint our home at a most reasonable of prices.  I am blessed, and excited about the idea of seeing our house renovated with freshly new paint.  Grays, and white and a marigold yellow front door!

The first roses have been slowly opening… slowly, and so fast too, because one day they are but buds ready to burst, and the following they are all already there!  Opened, and smiling, and making my little place my favorite place to be!  I will show you pictures of my first roses later, but for now, I’ll leave you some of my first rose bouquet!  Beautiful, enchanting roses from my very own garden!  I’m so lucky!    





OK, that's it!  Hope you're having a marvelous Saturday... breeze and thundery around here!


8 comments:

  1. Oh yes, peonies do droop. :-) A perfect excuse to bring some in.

    I love the yellow Columbines! So magical and faerie like.

    So happy you have found a reliable house painter! Yessss!!! Can't wait to see the transformation.

    Have a lovely rest of the Memorial Day Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Ms. Luna! Sending you a rainbow of good wishes! And a big hug!

      Cielo

      Delete
  2. Your Peonies look lovely..i have never grown them in all my years of gardening but I have ordered 5 so I hope mine grow as well as yours x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're going to love them... but don't be too disappointed, they are very fleeting, flowers won't last long after they bloom... gone too soon, and won't come back again until the following year... that's Nature! We wait for its beauty for so long, and then they are gone so quickly...

      Cielo

      Delete
  3. Love your peonies. Are they in full sun? Mine have been shaded the last few years and are not blooming as well. I think I need to move them.
    I try to tie them up when they are blooming, but I enjoy the cut flowers more I think.(-:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they do get all the sun they need... but I tell you, more and more my garden is turning into a shady garden, more trees and big shrubs, but the peonies don't seem to mind.... good luck with yours dear Cindee!

      cielo

      Delete
  4. Speaking of fairies--do you grow Bleeding Heart? If you turn the blossom upside down, it kind of looks like a fairy, holding out her skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never had any luck with Bleeding Hearts, although I have tried. This winter I planted one or two bulbs and I have one growing now... very tiny, but it's growing. Can hardly wait to see it bloom! It sounds beautiful!

      Cielo

      Delete