Monday, May 21, 2018

Spring craze

Here I am again… would you forgive me?  These days, it seems, are composed of pink candy essences and wispy clouds of vanilla puffs… These are the magical days of May, full of glories and castles in the air.  And thus, I must come to the garden every day. And thus, I must write every day… I must!  My soul requires it! I hope you’ll understand!



The peony garden—round puffy balls of pinks everywhere is beaming with glories… glories of buds that have started opening all around. Two shades of pinks, actually, and a starburst of colors that includes strawberry (aka dark pink), and baby smile (aka light pink), two rosy flavors: fruit punch and watermelon.  I tell you, my mind has gone off the deep end, for it cannot distinguish between colors, flavors and flowers.  I blame it all to this outpouring of beauty everywhere, and the way spring has of playing with my soul after the long, long, no-garden winters of the north.   





Lupines make me smile!

They sing out my name every time I go by them!

"Cieloooo oh Cielooo", I hear them sing!


And then, there are the irises....



They have started to open everywhere, and they have surprised me in the most authentic of ways, for I was expecting blue flowers and instead, I'm getting Coca-Cola and root beer flavors! ;)


Spring does that to me!


Spring forever appears… the soothing music part of lyrics unspoken. It thaws the frozen fears, mends the wounded heart that Winter has broken.  ~Aarno Davidson



Awake, thou wintry earth -
Fling off thy sadness!
Fair vernal flowers, laugh forth
Your ancient gladness!
~Thomas Blackburn, "An Easter Hymn"





7 comments:

  1. Cielo, Love, love, love your posts. Love reading it and love looking at your pics. I especially loved the little bird on the rock, I immediately had my husband move a rock for me to put a little bird on it, and I can see it from where i sit in my living room. Your yard is just busting out all over with blooms and beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Jerris (San Diego, Ca)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jerris, how nice to hear that! Little things like that done in one's garden does make a huge impact on our souls, doesn't it... happy that I served as inspiration to you! And happy to have made you happy in whatever amount! Love love to you, my friend!

      Cielo

      Delete
  2. Your garden is magnificent. I had no clue you could grow Iris in pots!
    My Daffodils and Tulips have faded and the Lilac bushes are on their way out. What delicious scent is carried in through the kitchen windows by those purple bushes.
    Lily-Of-The-Valley are covering my side garden with purple and white and an occasional yellow violet. The little lilies and violets make such a cute arrangement in a small colored glass pitcher. What a marvelous time of year it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, I just found about it myself too... lol lol! When I started working in my garden this winter, I decided to try and see if I could grow some of my perennials in pots... and that's what I did. Apparently, we can! ;) You should try! Next, I want to try replanting some of my Shasta Daisy in pots too, and see what happens! Cheaper than having to buy annuals every spring!

      Cielo

      Delete
  3. "And thus, I must write every day… I must!"

    And why not? Write every day? That's what blogging is. Frequent glimpses into the lives, of others. :-)

    Everything is so very lovely, in your May garden. How could your soul not soar...? Thank you for sharing the loveliness , with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure... and thank YOU for letting me share my little live with you! So nice to see you here!

      Cielo

      Delete