Friday, December 21, 2018

The Christmas family room

Have I already told you that I’m not one to overly decorate during the holidays? Halloween, Valentine’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Fourth of July and so on… I’m not a devotee. 

Christmas is mostly when I decorate a bit, and mainly because I love light. Even so, it is not much. One of the reasons being that clutter gives me anxiety. So, aside from the new Christmas tree I have in the living room, just a few more decorations are scattered here and there; but only in the Family room… 


The two little Christmas trees I had while living at the little white cottage came with me to this old house in the roses.  One sits now outside by the front door, embellished with pink poinsettias


And the other one is by the fireplace in our family-room.  I placed it in a wicker basket and covered the sides with some black and white polkadot tissue paper to match with the rest of my decor. No adornments on it, just lights. 


I made the cutest Christmas garland for the mantle using a gold bead string and some burlap ornaments I already had.  Then added lights.


Globe lights sit atop some chunky candles in front of the fire, for some extra sparkle!


And do you see what I see?
A star, a star, dancing in the night 
amidst the candles!


On top of the coffee table is where the rest of my decorations are.  A Christmas flower bouquet in a gold vase.  Gold, because I love gold accents and this is the same vase I use all year around.  Later on, I'll just replace the flowers by some greenery, or leave it as is.  Why buy a new coffee table centerpiece just for the holidays?  


Frugality, storage, clutter, time... these are some of the reasons why I don't go overboard with my holiday decorations.  I know, you can call me a Grinch if you want, I won't mind! ;)


This cute little elf here has been with me for several years now.  I found him at a second hand store, on a beautiful sunny December day while living at the little white cottage, and I love him so much.  He means a lot of memories to me!


He sleeps on a bed of gold pinecones and pomegranates...
and by him some baubles and trinkets on a Christmas plate


I finally got all my gifts wrapped!

You?


At night, when the house is quiet, this is how I see our family room!  Aglow in the magic of Christmas and the love of the Child born in Bethlehem.


And where is Sherry and Rita and Ms. Luna?  So many of you I’ve gotten to know and love through the years by just coming here every day, that when I don’t happen to see you in a while, I start to miss you! I hope all of you are doing marvelous, wherever you are.  

And to the rest and every one of you my dear readers and bloggy friends, there are so many gifts I want to give to you this Christmas. Peace, love, joy, happiness are all presents I am sending your way.  Thank you for another year with me!

Love to all!



10 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Cielo. Many blessings to you and your family in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you dear Cindee! Blessings and light and happiness to you and yours

      Cielo

      Delete
  2. It all looks so lovely and inviting.
    I didn't even put a wreath on my door this year.
    Just not in the mood, I guess.
    By the way, Luna hasn't posted in a year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, time does fly. It only seem it was yesterday I saw her here. I knew she had started a new blog, but can't remember the name. Hope she's doing well. May you have a marvelous and blessed Christmas dear Judy!

      Love, and blessings to you and yours!

      Cielo

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yeah you're here! So so happy to see You!

      Cielo

      Delete
  4. Your house looks so beautiful with the gold accents and lights...so warm and inviting. Like you, I don't like a lot of clutter. You're not a Scrooge at all! The amount of decor you did was just perfect. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Went by your comfy house this morning and everything looks beautiful! Blessings for the new year!

      CIELO

      Delete
  5. Your decorations are lovely. Happy 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have had a beautiful Christmas!
    Your home looks lovely! I wish you a wonderful new year and look forward to seeing the plans for your rose gardens. Spring will soon be here! Hugs from Sandy

    ReplyDelete