Saturday, December 15, 2018

The Christmas tree

I’ve been dreaming with a new Christmas tress for a long time.  My last one, that one I transformed from a traditional green to a flocked white tree by spray-painting it in white, was left behind somewhere in the south...  


Thus, the windows in our living-room were desperately asking for one.  Of course, it had to be a special kind of a Christmas tree—slender than the usual tree, because it had to fit between both of the chairs crowding that small space by the bay window, where I wanted it to be.  That is one of the reasons why I'd delayed my dream a bit.  I had to find the perfect fit!  And I finally did.   


This tree remains lighted up 24 hours a day, and I just love its glossy glimmering, the warmth, the magic, the small candy colored glowing to it, and that kind of glory that exceeds everything else and always speaks to me of love and forgiveness and hope for our humanity… 




And what is a Christmas tree, but the metaphoric light by which we live our lives?


I love to see my Christmas tree reflected on the mirror across from it... It creates the perfect magic, flooding our living room with dreamlike daintiness and delicate shimmers… 


I'm not one for an over the top decorated Christmas tree.  I rather see something less pretentious or simpler; a less crowded tree only embellished with a few ornaments and just clear lights.  It looks more sophisticated decorated that way to me.  The few vintage baubles I have are in antique pink and the stars are those same ones I spray-painted pink years ago.


I don't decorate a lot for the holidays, but I still love light... lots of little lights! I think this one looks cute here!


I may have to leave it here all year!


Christmas is one of those holidays that is all about light. It’s spiritually illegal to have any darkness in it!



5 comments:

  1. I don't like a heavily decorated tree either. I like to be able to see each ornament, especially the ones from Great Grandma, Grandma, and my Mother's trees from the long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. I got rid of my old big tree that took forever to put together and got 2 prelit, slender trees. I love them. I have one in my living room and one in my den. I tend to go overboard trying to get ornaments on them. The tree in my den seems to have a theme :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renee! So good to see you. I miss Dalton and the Chattanooga area. And everytime i see you i think of our happy life there... so miss the south!

      Hugs to you and a merry Christmas

      CIELO

      Delete
  3. Feliz Navidad Cielo precioso tu arbol besos desde EspaƱa

    ReplyDelete