Saturday, January 19, 2019

The winter living room

Some time ago at the end of summer I bought a handful of pink decorative pillows and filled our living room with pink objects. 


Then, I remember saying that this was going to be the look I wanted for our living room for the entire winter. 


Well, you all know how it goes… yes, pink is one of those colors that can add more style and serenity to any home décor.  It will also always appear as something that will light up a room, yet, although I love pink, I get tired of things real fast, and winters are way too long around here to leave things just as they are… 



...which it can only mean one thing! I went back to my silly love for this crazy mixture of patterns, geometric forms, grays, blacks, whites and golds…


So I changed and swapped things around again! We shape our lives we shape ourselves and our dreams, so why not also shape our homes the way we want it to be, or be seen and feel?


This is what I did:  I replaced all the pinks of summer bouquets by the greens of new plants to add a bit of an organic feel to the room... 



Of course, not that nature doesn’t already rule this roost you know… so when I say 'adding new plants' I'm only saying 'adding more’.


A new monochrome throw to mix with the monochromatic pillows on one of the sofas, a white furry rug over the rug, a black and white table runner for a decorative touch on the other sofa and everything else put away.  Simple, clean, natural; a crazy mixture of patterns, all soothing colors, dear to the heart and a happy place to be!





It’s been really cold and gray for weeks and weeks around here, and they said that it snowed profusely while we were in Albuquerque, this past week.  The garden is a dear, but strange place to me these days too, and I hardly go outside anymore, or don’t go at all.  I only observe and visit it from behind the windows, and the sky is a rendering of yesterdays in deep grays, and it looks like an old canvas of monochromatic colors, just like what it looks on the inside of our nest…

Edwards is already pre-ordering roses. I want a climber, or two—a “Kiss me Kate”, or a “Zephirine Drouhin”, and I want the English “Abraham Darby” I always had, and two or three more—“Boscobel”, with its beautiful flowers of rich salmon coloring and an “Ambridge Rose” and a “Carding Mill” too.  I’m a dreamer, and even if I don’t get these many roses; and I probably won’t, I’ll still keep dreaming… dream of a garden filled with all sorts of roses and big lush trees that can finally make me feel surrounded by only nature in my little world; ever again having to see that awful two-story house on the back…

What are your dreams and plans for spring!



5 comments:

  1. Cielo,
    I followed you many years ago and I am glad that I found you again!! Love the black and white touches! Beautiful as always!
    hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie! Was just at your house! on line of course! ;) Left you a message!
      So good to see you again!

      Cielo

      Delete
  2. Gloomy here as well. Rain and more rain. Staying indoors a lot too. I am so excited for Spring to arrive. I want to see flowers blooming when I look out the windows.
    I love how you change your rooms and make them look so beautiful!
    I think all your rose choices sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindee! Trying to get to your page, but your profile doesn't have a link!

      Blessings

      Cielo

      Delete
  3. Me encantan tus plantas se ven tan vivas a mí no se me dan tan bien la sala se ve muy bonita con esos colores

    ReplyDelete