Saturday, March 30, 2019

The new sun

Spring has finally sprung in my little world! Tree branches are bursting with tiny buds of every shape and form, and as the marvelous sun of early spring polishes up the land spreading life at every turn, the garden renovates itself almost like magic in front of my eyes. I go out to it every morning and faithfully search for any sign of life—a new leaf a new bud a new song enchanting the morning air as my eyes survey each shrub and each tree and each corner of my precious little Paradise.




I feel so immeasurably happy when I find myself surrounded by this immaculate brilliancy of the new sun! The golden veil in which the earth is enveloped, the purity of the new day bathed in golden rays of mirth and songs… It is as if all of a sudden, a magical hand has lifted up the dark shroud of winter giving way to this marvelous new brightness and vividness all around, and my soul, as with in Nature, rises up too and bursts to life from the demise of my own mortal soil.  And I want to go out and live and laugh and dance and be one with nature in the true freedom of birds… 


It rained a lot last week. And I say “a lot”, considering that rain does happen upon so sporadically around here that it is a feast worth celebrating. Most of our water comes in the form of snow during our winters, and the few precious rainy days we get, happen mostly at the beginning of spring… and oh how much the earth loves it then; how supple and dark and fertile the soil becomes. Happy worms come wiggling themselves up from the softened soil, showing up everywhere as birds engage in a feast and my eyes follow them everywhere from the ground to the trees and from branches back to the ground. 


Today I started walking in our neighborhood again. Soon will be jogging again, and talking to trees and birds as I trot the world by. Then, this afternoon, we visited Home Depot and what a beautiful, beautiful surprise it was to see that the garden has opened its doors again and tall trees and shrubs have been taken out, and there were daffodils and tulips and pansies in pretty faces in baskets, filling every stand. 

There’s so much I want to do in the garden. Flowerpots need to be filled with all sort of beauties; herbs, and tubers and new roses to fill each space!   Are you this happy too when the sun comes back to warm your little world after a long winter and the earth starts to wake up and your heart hears its own songs once again?  I am I am!


It is just a small beginning, but I'm already seeing so much beauty out there!  Hope is in the air, and that's enough for me right now!


3 comments:

  1. Wishing you all the beauty and magic of springtime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to see the sunshine! Glad you are getting to enjoy it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope is in the air, indeed! Your area is ahead of ours here in northern Illinois - the only signs we see around here right now are day lilies and chives poking out of the ground, and the robins and red-wing blackbirds have returned. But I'm heading to Home Depot today to pick up a pot of pansies!

    ReplyDelete